none
Component Planning with MS Visio

Question

• Hello All,

I just bought MS Visio 2003 and I heard it was an awesome tool for component/object planning.  Is there a tutorial out there that can show me the typical drawing scheme for component/object planning?

Thanks in advance,
    Wednesday, September 14, 2005 1:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ok cool,

I found a nice demo diagram showing classes and their associated members and methods.  Now I'm a bit confused.  There are plus (+) and minus (-) signs that prefix each member and/or method name.  What do they symbolize?  Then when a class points to another class, there are 1's and 0's at the beginning or end of the pointer line.  What does that symbolize?

Any help would be great.  Thanks,
    Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:32 PM
  • Byrd Man, the +/- generally simply signify a treeview hierarchy. _ indicates you can click on it and there are subnodes, - indicates you can collapse the hierarchy.

Feel free to send me an example of what you mean by the 1's and 0's, I don't know what they mean.

If you're programming against Visio, I actually tried out some code to do this I would be happy to send your way, just ping me. There is an SDK for Visio you can download:
    http://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidAWSContentRedir?AssetID=XT011594451033&CTT=11&Origin=HV010832921033

Regards,
    Kit
    kitg@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:00 PM
  • Ok,

The plus sign represents a Public item and the minus sign represents a Private item, so those members listed in each objects all had minus signs preceeding them as Private but the methods had plus signs preceeding them as Public.  I think, and I think, the 1's and 0's represent the relationship the objects had with each other, not too sure about that though...

Any luck Kit?
    Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:56 AM