none
fatal error (0x80004002)

General discussion

•  

I have massage Event ID: 1110: .NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Service Manager returned a fatal error (0x80004002). Will stop service

Please help me with that problem
    Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:20 PM

All replies

• Could you please clarify when exactly you came across this error? Do you come across it when you setup something on your machine?
    Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:09 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions. 

Thank you!
    Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:58 AM
  • Someone else is asking.

From XP Pro sp2 Components Services error log

".NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) - Service Manager returned a fatal error (0x80004002). Will stop service"

Any clues in this...
    This usually occurs late in boot on the machine I am using to post here. It is in serious trouble with IE7 apparently working, shows title bar data as expected from a remote site but the main display pane is whitest white... blank. Microsoft Update is also broken. Related problem? I have no idea. Computer is otherwise stable, stay up for days with hibernate.
    (ungrading to IE6 and back again, no difference, AV removed etc. no difference, etc.)

So far no dice on finding a fix. Tried a lot of things short of a repair reinstall. On principle I don't want to do that.

Pretty sure it is related to .NET where this machine has historic problems with that, one of the systems that went bad after one of the security releases and needed assistance from MS support. This seemed to comprise trying to uninstall and then reinstall various .NET patches, in the right order. Became workable but .NET was still suspect.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:45 AM