none
Error al recuperar un generador de clases COM (Debido al error 80040111)

General discussion

• Hi to everyone!

I finished migrating a project from VS6 to VS2005. I have compiled my DLL and all it registers successfully.  But when I try to use it in C#, I get this exception:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in WindowsApplication3.exe

Additional information: Error al recuperar un generador de clases COM para el componente con CLSID {...} debido al siguiente error: 80040111.

Thanx a lot...
    Wednesday, April 09, 2008 2:37 PM

All replies

• 0x80040111 is CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE

This is interesting; I'm not familiar with this error message.

Can you instantiate the object using an unmanaged client such as VB6? Can you instantiate it using OLEVIEW?

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:29 PM
  • I can instantiate it with OLEVIEW...
    Wednesday, April 09, 2008 3:40 PM
  • If you can instantiate it with OLEVIEW, then it is probably registered correctly. I'm guessing your C# client is coded incorrectly.

You need to post some code.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:08 PM
  • Re: Error al recuperar un generador de clases COM (Debido al error 80040111)

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:13 AM