none
Default save as location

Question

•  

In C# Express, I want to  change the default location to where projects are saved.  It saves them to a long documents and settings path with spaces in the name. I want to change it to a shorter, no spaces, path name that I can easily type when creating a console application.
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:09 PM

Answers

•  podx wrote:

In C# Express, I want to  change the default location to where projects are saved.  It saves them to a long documents and settings path with spaces in the name. I want to change it to a shorter, no spaces, path name that I can easily type when creating a console application.

It is very easy. I don't have C# Express, I have VS2008 but the method should be the same.

Next time when you creat a NEW project the management studio will giv eyou a windo with defrault location. Change it to the location you want. I have them all in C:\CSharp_Projects\ directory.

Next time you create a new project the system will remember the last choice and will asume that ti is a new default. There is a chance that the second time you still may face the same thing but eventually you will convince the studio that it should obey.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:46 PM
  • You set the default project paths in Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions.

/Ruben

RJJournal

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

The previews posts answered your question.

I think you might need to know more about Visual studio IDE.

I recommand you to read the MSDN document  Intergrated Development Enviroment for Visual Studio. .

Wishes.

Monday, May 26, 2008 3:14 AM

All replies

•  podx wrote:

It is very easy. I don't have C# Express, I have VS2008 but the method should be the same.

Next time when you creat a NEW project the management studio will giv eyou a windo with defrault location. Change it to the location you want. I have them all in C:\CSharp_Projects\ directory.

Next time you create a new project the system will remember the last choice and will asume that ti is a new default. There is a chance that the second time you still may face the same thing but eventually you will convince the studio that it should obey.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:46 PM
  • You set the default project paths in Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions.

/Ruben

RJJournal

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

The previews posts answered your question.

I think you might need to know more about Visual studio IDE.

I recommand you to read the MSDN document  Intergrated Development Enviroment for Visual Studio. .

Wishes.

Monday, May 26, 2008 3:14 AM