none
Windows 7 x64 JET database engine damaged.

Question

• I have a database application that uses MS JET Database Engine.  Somehow, through uninstalling another application, the database engine has become damaged and I can no longer launch my application (I just get an error).  Uninstalling & Re-installing the application has not worked, and System Restore doesn't give me a restore point I can use.  I'm using Windows 7 x64 and I have Office 2010 installed.  How can I repair WDAC (I understand that JET is now part of WDAC)?
    • Moved by lucy-liu Friday, March 16, 2012 3:32 AM it is not a vsx issue (From:Visual Studio Extensibility)
    Friday, March 02, 2012 6:31 PM

All replies

• This has nothing to do with Visual Studio Extensibility.  I really have no idea where 'JET Database Engine' questions should be asked or I would move the question myself.

Ryan

Saturday, March 03, 2012 12:23 AM
  • Thanks for the response - it seems this question doesn't belong anywhere, and yet I'm still faced with a damaged database engine which I cannot fix.  I originally posted my query here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/windows-7-x64-jet-database-engine-damaged/3a970fc8-e23c-470b-b860-9a59140d831a

but I was asked to move it to this forum.

Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:48 PM
  • Hi itw_employee,

Just as the Ryan said, this is not a Visual Studio Extensibility issue. I think you can post this thread to Where is the Forum For…? forum, they will tell you which is the suitable forum for this issue.

Thank you for your understanding!

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, March 16, 2012 3:31 AM