none
There was no endpoint listening

Question

• My application cosume a webservice , On the dev-server everything works fine, but on the production server I'm getting the error: There was no endpoint listening at that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.  The dev-server runs on 32bit OS, bit the prduction server run on 64bits, in vs2012, if I change the platform from X64 to X86, the application works fine on the production, but if I roll back to X86, the error happens, Anyone can help me for this issue?

here is configure in the app.config:

<system.serviceModel>
            <bindings>
                <basicHttpBinding>
                  <binding name="SII_ATP_STOCKBinding" >
                    <security mode="TransportCredentialOnly">
                      <transport clientCredentialType="Basic"/>
                     <message clientCredentialType="UserName"/>
                    </security>
                  </binding>
                </basicHttpBinding>
            </bindings>
            <client>
                <endpoint address="http://xx.xx.xx.xx:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&amp;version=3.0&amp;Sender.Service=BC_OrderSystem&amp;Interface=http%3A%2F%2Fchemchina.com%2Fxi%2Fordsys%5ESIO_ATP_STOCK"
                    binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="SII_ATP_STOCKBinding"
                    contract="QueryStock.SII_ATP_STOCK" name="SII_ATP_STOCKPort" />
            </client>
        </system.serviceModel>

Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:09 AM

Answers

• I have not experienced the behaviour you are describing before so I am not sure off hand.  What you might want to try is deploying a standard WCF service to see if you get the same result. 

Looking at the url you have in the address I am guessing the service pulls in external libraries in order to process the request.  It could be that a x64 library is required to process the request.  Or there is another dependency and/or configuration that has only been included in the Framework64 configuration (e.g., machine.config).

Are there any errors in the error log?  What about if you turn on wcf tracing?

Jeff

Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:02 PM