none
blend for VS 2012

Question

• Hi All.

I just installed VS2012 Pro on my Windows 7 PC and try to play with Blend for Visual Studio 2012 as part of VS2012 Pro. But I cannot use it. That screen I get when I just run Blend for VS2012. What cause? Thanks.

Friday, September 07, 2012 6:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• The version that comes with VS2012 doesn't work with WPF projects.

Did you install the version mentioned in that dialog, there's a link there...

Friday, September 07, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

this doesn't work, because Blend for Visual Studio only allows to create Windows Store Apps and for creating them you need Windows 8 as the OS.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, September 07, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Friday, September 14, 2012 12:00 AM
  • Hi eugzl,

I am marking your issue as "Answered", if you have new findings about your issue, please let me know.

Best regards,

Sheldon _Xiao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, September 14, 2012 3:15 AM