none
you must use "turn windows features on or off" in the control panel to install or configure microsoft .net framwork 3.5 sp1

Question

• hello,

i using windows 7 and

i have problem to install .net framwork 3.5 or .net framwork 3 or 2.

the error: you must use "turn windows features on or off" in the control panel to install or configure microsoft .net framwork 3.5 sp1

the bromlem that i turned on all reatures comprehensive net framwork 3.5.

i dont undertand why it's not installed'

please help.

valentina :)

Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Valentina,

Thanks for your post.

As for Windows 7, the .NET Framework 3.5.1 is included as system component.

To install/uninstall the .NET Framework 3.5 SP!, you can go to Start menu -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows features on or off, unselect the checkbox of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, click OK. Then open it again, and select the checkbox this time, click OK.

If there are any problems occur during the installation, you can collect the installation log files and analyze them.
    You can follow the steps below to collect the log files:

·         Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%).

·         Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 again.

·         Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder with the Log Collection Tool

Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en

·         You can find the vslogs.cab file in the %temp% folder.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• It probably is installed, or, was as part of the OS install.

Please tell us what problems you are encountering that leads you to believe .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is not present. What is telling you that .NET 3.5 SP1 is not installed?

Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi Valentina,

Thanks for your post.

To install/uninstall the .NET Framework 3.5 SP!, you can go to Start menu -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows features on or off, unselect the checkbox of the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, click OK. Then open it again, and select the checkbox this time, click OK.

If there are any problems occur during the installation, you can collect the installation log files and analyze them.

·         Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%).

Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Hi Andrew.Wu,

What do you exactly mean by "cleaning" the %temp% folder? you mean delete all stuff in the folder? I'm afraid i'll do something wrong

Thursday, April 07, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Sorry to butt in, but I saw your question for Andrew and can answer will full confidence.

YES, you can delete the entire contents of your %temp% folder without endangering your PC.

When I first learned of this technique, from Andrew and other experts, I was also skeptical. As I have four PC's at home for various types of work and testing, I tried it on one machine to see...

After encountering no ill effects, I tried it on all my PC's and have had no difficulties. AMOF, I routinely empty my %temp% folder before big installs or updates, just to eliminate potential issues.

• Edited by pvdg42MVP Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:48 PM add info
    Thursday, April 07, 2011 4:44 PM
  • Hi Valentina,

Thanks for your post.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

being part of the win7 means i can´t reinstall it or at least repair it? nothing seems to get it  to work...
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:08 PM
  • There is a repair technique available for embedded .NET Frameworks in Vista/Win 7. Here is the link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

Per the author, if this fails to correct your problem, you're looking at an OS reinstall.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 3:36 PM
  • Mine is also no installing .net Microsoft 3.5 

It extract's but the setup never continuous ...........Please help me 
    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:51 AM
  • If you want readers to see and respond to your post, please DO NOT hijack an old, already answered thread!

Most readers will never see your post because closed, 1.5 year old threads are ignored by most.

If you want maximum attention and best suggestions on your Windows 7/.NET Framework 3.5 issue, START A NEW THREAD.

If you have tried Andrew's suggestions here and this repair technique:

Here is the link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

If this fails to help you, reinstall Windows 7.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:08 PM
  • Hello 

I've had trouble trying to install .NEt framework 3.5 or net framework 2.

When I try to delete the temp files  I get this message

"%temp%
    Windows cannot find %temp%. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again."

And when I try to turn on Microsoft Network 3.5 on Windows Features also receive an error message "An error has occurred not all of the features were successfully changed"

Hopefully you can help me

Best Regards

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Hello, Mark.

When you read this thread, did you see posts that said things like:

"If you want readers to see and respond to your post, please DO NOT hijack an old, already answered thread!

Most readers will never see your post because closed, 1.5 year old threads are ignored by most.

If you want maximum attention and best suggestions on your Windows 7/.NET Framework 3.5 issue, START A NEW THREAD."?

To help you, I need the following information:

1. What is your Windows version and Service Pack level?

2. Please use this verification tool to check your .NET Framework status:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Run the tool with .NET 3.5 selected, then post the first 15 lines AND the LAST 15 lines of the tool log here.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:58 PM
  • THanks A LOt DeAR
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:00 PM