none
How to fix "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). ..." error message ?

Question

•  

Dear all

My system configuration has been corrupted, I guess, due to a spyware program, Norton Anti Bot. Now when I try to debug or execute the programs in Visual Studio 6, 2003, or 2005, (even though all of them are updated), or running them from explorer or command console I've been getting the frustrating error messages "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the aplication" or "Unable to start program '.........\*.exe'. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest file for possible errors. Reinstalling the application can fix this problem :-). For more details please see the application event log".

In order to solve the problem I installed VS2005 again in repair mode and SP1 update again, but it didn't work, and then I installed the WinXP SP2 again in repair mode, but I've been still getting these messages. I'd be very very grateful to anyone who can lead me to resolve this problem.

Best Regards

Cem DEMiRKIR 

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Cem,

Have you unistalled the problematic programs? If not, try uninstall them and see if problem persist. You can also use dependency walker(depends.exe) to check which modules your application depends on are missing.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:16 AM