none
File or assembly name , or one of its dependencies, was not found. error in CITRIX server

Question

• Hello,

I have created an simple dll which returns the string message as COM Interop DLL and deployed in Dev server using gacutil and regasm with /tlb: to generate tlb file.

Referenced in Excel VBA to make call to .NET method and coded to call the method. It worked fine in Development and received the message if i run the macro.

I then copied the dll's into CITRIX server and registered with gacutil and regasm with /tlb:

Referenced the .tlb file to Excel sheet to make call to method to get message

then did run the macro but it is giving error msg "File or assembly name , or one of its dependencies, was not found."

I need to find solution asap. Please feel free to help me if you have any solution.

In dev(XP) its working fine but not in CITRIX terminal server(Win 2003)

Please help me.

Srikanth

• Moved by Forrest Guo Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:33 PM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Srijanth,

It is hard to say.

Did you register it on your crtrix server OK?

When you register this dll, do you got any error messages?

Have a nice day.

Ghost,
    Call me ghost for short, Thanks
    To get the better anwser, it should be a better question.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Yes. We are able to register successfully. I tried adding sn key to the dll and registered to gac but no luck. I did registered on Windows 2003 server and in Development it's xp and registered fine and working good.

Thanks.

Srikanth

Monday, March 12, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:14 AM
  • here is the log from fusion bing log viewer. Please help me to fix this issue. thanks for all your help.

I did registered my dll and its supported dll into GAC. the dll that was there in GAC has PublicKeyToken=669a8e92dd354227.

Any thing to do with security/impersonation. help me to resolve this issue.

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (3/27/2012 @ 11:49:39 AM) ***

The operation failed.
    Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from:  P:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\fusion.dll
    Running under executable  P:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE
    --- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = M_LIM_Addin2_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669a8e92dd354227
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = P:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
    LOG: Cache Base = NULL
    LOG: AppName = NULL
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

LOG: Processing DEVPATH.
    LOG: DEVPATH is not set. Falling through to regular bind.
    LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: Host configuration file not found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from P:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: M_LIM_Addin2_0, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669a8e92dd354227
    LOG: Cache Lookup was unsuccessful.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///P:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/M_LIM_Addin2_0.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///P:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/M_LIM_Addin2_0/M_LIM_Addin2_0.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///P:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/M_LIM_Addin2_0.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///P:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/M_LIM_Addin2_0/M_LIM_Addin2_0.EXE.
    LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

Srikanth

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:56 PM
  • Did you use .NET 1.1 for installing your assembly into GAC? Is it really compiled against .NET 1.1 and not higher version?

You can double check that your DLL is indeed in GAC by running "gacutil.exe /l M_LIM_Addin2_0", or "dir /S /B %WINDIR%\M_LIM_Addin2_0.dll".

-Karel

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Karel,

It was compiled in .NET 3.5. CITRIX box has 3.5 installed. Thanks.

Srikanth

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Then you found your bug - it cannot be used by .NET 1.1 that Office11 uses.

-Karel

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:25 PM