none
Intel Integrated Video Scrambled 2D Drawing

Question

• We have been experiencing 2D drawing problems using WPF on Intel Integrated (915) video cards.

These problems manifest themselves as a scrambling of the 2D vector drawings.

In lieu of a picture, I will attempt to describe the issue.
    Let's say you have an Ellipse path being drawn into a Button.
    The scrambling of the Ellipse constitutes splitting the Ellipse in half,  and drawing the bottom of the ellipse starting at the top of the button, then drawing the top half of the ellipse at the bottom of the button.

On MouseOver, the drawing reverts to the correct Ellipse being drawn on the button.

This issue only occurs on Intel Integrated Video cards, on Windows XP

When we use the WPF registry hack to remove hardware acceleration, the drawing problem doesn't occur.

We have not tried changing our template structure, trigger structure, or other Button template hacks. Unfortunately, there are no driver updates available for these machines (Dell OptiPlex GX280).

Have you seen similar issues? Is there a GraphicsPath problem with Intel Integrated Video and WPF on XP?

Thanks in advance.  As soon as I can I will post up pictures of the "path scrambling".

--Dan
    Saturday, March 08, 2008 6:31 PM

All replies

• I'm a colleague of Dan's ... we are still having this problem. I thought I would post a picture so that people could see what we are talking about. It looks sooooo bad.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2981490407_31f9b26ae6_o.png

Has anyone else seen something like this? If so, any solutions?

We just discovered the problem on a couple more machines ... one of which has the Intel Integrated Q35 Chipset video solution.
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:52 PM