none
Failed to load adapter

Question

• Hello,

I get the error below in the event log.  I have looked through the other threads but have not been able to find a working solution.

An unexpected condition has occurred in a Team Foundation component. The information contained here should be made available to your site administrative staff.

Technical Information (for the administrative staff):

Date (UTC): 9/1/2006 12:50:19 AM

Machine: TOOLS01

Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/4/Root/Warehouse-1-128015454095818883

Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v2.0.50727

Process Details:

Process Name: w3wp

Process Id: 7520

Thread Id: 4716

Account name: [ActiveDirectory Domain Name]\TFSService

Detailed Message: Failed to load adapter Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Adapter.TeamBuildAdapter. Exception Info: \n System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationServiceProxyWsdl.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationProxy.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshMemoryCache()

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshCachesIfNeeded(Boolean direct)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Adapter.TeamBuildAdapter.GetTeamBuildOpstoreConnection()

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Adapter.TeamBuildAdapter.Initialize(IDataStore dataStore)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.AdapterWrapper..ctor(Type type, AdapterScheduler scheduler, String connectionString, String accessAccount, String dataReaderAccount)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.AdapterScheduler.Initialize()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks in advance,

Blaine S. Tottori

Friday, September 01, 2006 12:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Blaine,

Are you using the RTM version? Do you see only this error in the event log?

Thanks.

Federico

Friday, September 01, 2006 7:07 AM
  • Hi Federico,

I am not sure what you mean by RTM version, but the CD says Beta 3 Refresh.  There was a different Failed to load adapter error as well.  See below.

I think the root of the issue is that I am trying to use a URL of tools01.[domain name].com instead of just the server name (tools01).  The product works for the most part, but I cannot get reports to come back.  It took a lot of research and jury-rigging to get it to the point it is now, but after reading some of your other posts I am beginning to think that I will have to change everything back to the simple server name.  I was trying to change it because I need this development platform to be accessible by an offshore developer that is not on our network.  Is it possible to get TFS working with a fully-qualified domain name?

I would also appreciate any advice or links to information on how to get the system working with SSL.

Here's the other error.

An unexpected condition has occurred in a Team Foundation component. The information contained here should be made available to your site administrative staff.

Technical Information (for the administrative staff):

Date (UTC): 9/1/2006 12:50:20 AM

Machine: TOOLS01

Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/4/Root/Warehouse-1-128015454095818883

Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v2.0.50727

Process Details:

Process Name: w3wp

Process Id: 7520

Thread Id: 4716

Account name: [Active Directory Domain]\TFSService

Detailed Message: Failed to load adapter Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WarehouseAdapter.Adapter. Exception Info: \n System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationServiceProxyWsdl.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationProxy.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshMemoryCache()

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.RefreshCachesIfNeeded(Boolean direct)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Proxy.BisRegistrationService.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WarehouseAdapter.Adapter.GetDbConnection()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.WarehouseAdapter.Adapter.Initialize(IDataStore ds)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.AdapterWrapper..ctor(Type type, AdapterScheduler scheduler, String connectionString, String accessAccount, String dataReaderAccount)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Warehouse.AdapterScheduler.Initialize()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks,

Blaine

Friday, September 01, 2006 2:04 PM
  • Hi Blaine,

The RTM version is the release version of the product. It seems you are using the Beta3 Refresh version. A few weeks ago I helped a customer that setup a TFS server inside a firewall allowing access to it from the internet with a full domain name. I only helped him with a reporting issue but his setup shows that it is possible to do what you want (he was using RTM though).

What I think is happening in your case is that the Web Services\web.config config file in your setup has a value in TfsNameUrl that is not working for the server to communicate internally. What is the value of that key in your case?

I know that people worked on documenting the steps to setup the server with HTTPS for RTM so I can find them for you so you can take a look.

Also in case you need to share information you don't want to post to the forum please feel free to send me an e-mail directly to Federico.Kolliker.Frers@microsoft.com(NoSpam)

Thanks.

Federico 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:56 AM
  • Hi Federico,

I eventually went back and redid the installation so it used the server name (no domain at the end).  Everything seems to work except that the reports do not run.  I can get to the page to generate the report, but it gives this error when I click the View Report button.

• The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
      • Unable to read data from the transport connection: The handle is invalid.
        • The handle is invalid

I also see the following in the event log:

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 9/5/2006 12:21:07 PM

Event time (UTC): 9/5/2006 5:21:07 PM

Event ID: 596b7e4206874333b2b961a11dd98e4b

Event sequence: 5

Event occurrence: 4

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Reports-4-128019502326883120

Trust level: RosettaMgr

Application Virtual Path: /Reports

Application Path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\MSSQL.6\Reporting Services\ReportManager\

Machine name: TOOLS01

Process information:

Process ID: 5964

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:

Exception type: IOException

Exception message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The handle is invalid.

Request information:

Request URL: https://tools01/Reports/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=StyleSheet&Version=2005.090.2047.00

Request path: /Reports/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd

User host address: 10.1.1.9

User: [Domain\User]

Is authenticated: True

Authentication Type: NTLM

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:

Thread ID: 20

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace: at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

Custom event details:

Any help would be appreciated.

Blaine

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:34 PM
  • Hi Blaine,

Let me ask you a couple of questions about your environment.

1) It seems you setup HTTPS for Team Foundation Server, did you also setup HTTPS for Reporting Services (installed in Application Tier) also? By default Team Foundation runs on port 8080 and Reporting Services runs on port 80.

2) If you did setup HTTPS for Reporting Services on what port is HTTPS running for Reporting Services? Can you go to the Application Tier and browse to https://localhost:<ReportingServicesHTTPSPort>/reports. Can you browse to http://localhost/reports?

Thanks.

Federico

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:52 PM
  • Hi Federico,

Reporting Services is running on the default web site (port 443 for SSL).

I went back and installed the RTM version of TFS.  Everything seems to work except for viewing reports.  I can browse to https://localhost/reports, but when I choose a report, I get the following error where the report output is supposed to be:

• The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
      • Unable to read data from the transport connection: The handle is invalid.
        • The handle is invalid

The following error shows up in the event log.

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 9/18/2006 8:14:52 AM

Event time (UTC): 9/18/2006 1:14:52 PM

Event ID: 7fc81101f43b461994245c73c66a8f9e

Event sequence: 3

Event occurrence: 2

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/Reports-1-128030585469068650

Trust level: RosettaMgr

Application Virtual Path: /Reports

Application Path: D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\MSSQL.6\Reporting Services\ReportManager\

Machine name: TOOLS01

Process information:

Process ID: 7700

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:

Exception type: IOException

Exception message: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The handle is invalid.

Request information:

Request URL: https://localhost/Reports/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=StyleSheet&Version=2005.090.2047.00

Request path: /Reports/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd

User host address: 127.0.0.1

User: [Domain]\BTottori

Is authenticated: True

Authentication Type: NTLM

Thread information:

Thread ID: 5

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace: at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

Custom event details:

What's odd is that I can get to the report via this URL: https://localhost/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fSurveyDataWarehouse%2fRemaining+Work&rs:Command=Render

Blaine

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:20 PM
  • Hi Blaine,

You say that https://localhost/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fSurveyDataWarehouse%2fRemaining+Work&rs:Command=Render is working to look at the report. Can you post the full URL that is not working?

Also it seems that the problem is not anymore with the adapters and its more related on setting HTTPS in Reporting Services so I'll suggest that you also post to the SQL Server Reporting services forum http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=82&SiteID=1 because they may be able to help you better with that.

Thanks.

Federico

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:59 AM
  • Hai Blaine,

Did u managed to get the HTTPS to work? i'm facing the same problem. same report thru TFS Portal i can view. but when i hit the Reports link then choose the same reports.. problem. Did you managed to get a valid solutoin?
    Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:33 AM