none
CryptUI.dll

General discussion

• I recently created an application that is using a function in CryptUI.dll.  I developed this application on a Vista machine, and then tested it on an XP machine.  Everything works great. 

However, I moved the program to a Windows 2003 system and the program fails.  I get an error message that says Windows can't find the entry point for my function (CryptUIDlgSelectCertificateFromStore) in CryptUI.dll.  I tried copying the dll over from my XP machine to my Windows 2003 machine, but that didn't work either.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 9:31 PM

All replies

• According to MSDN CryptUIDlgSelectCertificateFromStore function is present on Windows 2003 server and if you have copied the cryptui.dll from your (working) system to Win2k3 then this error should definfily go away, can you run Dependency Walker to see the list of exported functions for CryptUI.DLL on Windows 2003 machine ? Do you see CryptUIDlgSelectCertificateFromStore function in it ?

Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:24 AM
  • I am currectly using windows server 2003 enterprize edition SP2, I dumpbined CryptUI.dll in my machine and I got:

Code Snippet

6    5 0001BBD2 CryptUIDlgSelectCertificateFromStore

So could you do the test as Ramkrishna suggested? I am going to mark this thread as a comment as you have not follow up for a few days, please feel free to mark it back to "question" when you come back.

thanks

rico

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:04 AM