none
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

Question

• Hi all,

I am developing windows application using VC++.NET VS 2008. I am facing strange issue in my application. If i run my application in debug/release mode in develoment enviornment then it works fine and there is no exception occur. If i create installer after building application in release mode and install the application on PC then i am getting following exception -

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
       at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)

This exception occurs only if i run my application after installing it on PC. This exception does not come if i run application using develoment enviorment (VS 2008) either in debug mode or in release mode.

Can any one help me out? I'll be highly obliged to you.

Thanks

ITChamp
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:50 AM

Answers

• Try running you application on target machine, compiled in debug mode, with or without installer. Maybe the exception call stack will show the lines of your application that generate error.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:49 AM