none
SecurityCallContext throws "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070534)"

Question

• Hi ,

I have 2 COM+ (Managed) running in 2 machines. They communicate with each other using COM+ interface API.

COM+-1 calls COM+-2. COM+-1 impersonates an common domain user say "MyDomain\MyUser". Then it calls a method on COM+-2 (say CheckMe). In this method, a call is made to IsUserinRole of SecurityCallContext.CurrentCall.

Both COM+ run under same identity like MyDomain\COMPLUSUser.

SecurityCallContext.CurrentCall.IsUserInRole(user, role)
    This call throws "No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070534)" error. What are possible reasons I will get this error? I was not able to reproduce issue myself but is happening in one of customer sites. Any Help much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Vic Vega

Friday, February 22, 2013 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Vic,

I am trying to involve people who have more experience on this topic. Please be patient, we will back to give you more information soon when get further process on it.

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

The error is about AD problem and it means that the account names cannot mapping with security ID (not found).

I suggest you to ask customer to check their AD environment whether they doing something with this user account (like renaming or recreated).

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Thanks Lisa, Christian.

If there is an issue with AD, then why does it not throw error  right after impersonation and I make call to COM+2 (when CheckMe API is called). It goes ahead and fails IsUserInRole. DO you SID and are not updated in machine where is COM+2 is deployed.?

Thanks

VV

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:30 AM
  • Hi,

Not sure about that, maybe the problem is in machine where COM+2 deployed only. I suggest you to open this question to AD forum, maybe they can help more on this.

Regards,
    Christian HL

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:41 AM
  • Thanks Christian. Can you share with AD forum link?

Cheers

VV

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:24 AM
  • http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverDS/threads

Regards,
    Christian HL

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:34 AM
  • Thanks mate.

I have posted this question in AD forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/br/winserverDS/thread/d9f9a248-61b0-45fc-83be-22e5044300ba 

Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:23 AM