none
How to export/import breakpoints on VS 2013 while debugging?

Question

• I have installed VS 2008/2010/2012/2013 in a dev machine, and I moved my dev environment into VS2013 recently. What I'd like to do is importing/exporting breakpoints which I'm used to export(xml format) from VS 2008/2010, but can't load it(breakpointx xml file created from older VS version) at VS2013.

So, Now I have tested export/import breakpoints from each VS2010/2012/2013 individually by creating a simple windows application project, and have a couple of breakpoints. Somehow, unlike VS2010/VS2012, only VS2013 can't export/import with the error message "Unable to export breakpoints" when exporting, "Unable to import breakpoints" when importing of xml files created from old VS versions. 

Would you guide if you have any workaround or solution for this export/import feature from VS 2013? (Note, I updated with VS2013 Update 1 just in case, but the result is same)

error message in VS2013 when exporting breakpoints.

Thanks,
    Spark.

swpark

Monday, February 03, 2014 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Spark,

Do you mean that it still has this issue if you use the VS2013 create a new simple app?

I test it in my VS2013 ultimate version, it works well like the following screen shot.

So I doubt that it would be related to your VS IDE.

Please reset VS settings, check it again, if still no help, please re-pair your VS. It would be better if you could disable/move all add-ins/extension tools in your VS IDE. Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by swpark Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Spark,

Do you mean that it still has this issue if you use the VS2013 create a new simple app?

I test it in my VS2013 ultimate version, it works well like the following screen shot.

So I doubt that it would be related to your VS IDE.

Please reset VS settings, check it again, if still no help, please re-pair your VS. It would be better if you could disable/move all add-ins/extension tools in your VS IDE. Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by swpark Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:42 AM
  • Thank you. it works again after resetting.

swpark

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:57 PM