none
TFS 2010 - How Do I add NT AUTHORITY\AUTHENTICATED USERS to a TFS Security Group

Question

• I want to give NT AUTHORITY\AUTHENTICATED USERS read access to a sample Team Project we've setup. I can add NT AUTHORITY\AUTHENTICATED USERS to SharePoint, Analysis Serivces, and Reports...but when I try to add NT AUTHORITY\AUTHENTICATED USERS in the TFS Security dialog it says it's not found.

Doesn't work?

Works just fine.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• Not pretty sure...

Give it a try, if you haven't already.

Just enter they security group name (AUTHENTICATED USERS) in the search field without domain and click on Check Names. Is should validate the security group.

Not sure if space in domain name creating any problem. I never came across such scenario.

Thanks,

Naveen

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:46 PM
  • Turns out you have to use machine name and include security principals. However even after adding the authenticated users to the readers group on a team project my users can't see the team project when they connect to the tfs server.

Is there anyway of ensuring that ALL AD users can see a team project and be added to the readers group on a team project? We want everybody to be able to see a sample TFS team project.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:36 PM
  • bump...still looking
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:31 AM
  • still looking ++
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:27 PM
  • bump. Still looking
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 5:56 PM
  • bump++
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:17 AM
  • I haven't worked with TFS Security Groups, but I found an article that might help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292781

I had mistakenly deleted users from the user group instead of an application group I was working with (transferring users from Users group to the application group).

The following command allowed me to add them back, but using lusrmgr(Local Users and Groups) I got a message similar to the dialog box in the original post.

net localgroup users "nt authority\authenticated users" /add

Friday, August 24, 2012 5:11 PM