none
Validation Error While connecting a lightswitch 2012 with SharePoint.

Question

• Hello All,

I am trying to use SharePoint in lightswitch 2012 HTMLClient application. But When I am trying to validate the SharePoint with my Visual Studio Then I got an Validation Error. The screen shot of an error is as follow. 

Can anybody Guide me?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description and the errors you are getting and the fact that your other machine is working, I'd say your machine is in a weird state.

My advise is to go to Control panel and uninstall everything related to VS and SharePoint. reinstall VS again, go to that WebPI feed link and install SharePoint tools.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide the following information:

- What version of Visual Studio do you have?

- Could you try creating a SharePoint project and validate the same SharePoint URL. (not LightSwitch) and provide the error you get there (if you get any).

Thanks.

Monday, September 30, 2013 1:35 PM
  • A couple other things you can check...

1) what happens when you press F5 (just try to run the app anyway in VS) - do you get a different error?

2) if you navigate to this link: http://www.microsoft.com/web/handlers/webpi.ashx?command=GetInstallerRedirect&appid=OfficeToolsForVS2012RTW

Does it say that the entry is already installed?

(it looks like you might have a problem with the install of the Office Dev Tools)

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Hello Amr,

I am using Visual studio 2012 update 4. The same thing is working on other system in Visual Studio 2013. I think there may be an issue with window 7. I have installed Window 7 ulimate on my system.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

On the same machine that you're having problem with. Could you try Creating a SharePoint app (not LightSwitch) and publish to the same site?

Please let me know if you face the same issue or not.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:34 PM
  • I got an error like this....

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:16 AM
  • How you checked the link which Brian mentioned in his reply? it could be that you don't have the required files.

Please check that link and let me know if it fix the issue or not.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:35 PM
  • I have already check this and web platform shows me that "Developer Tools and Visual Studio 2012 (Installed)"
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:18 AM
  • Hi,

From your description and the errors you are getting and the fact that your other machine is working, I'd say your machine is in a weird state.

My advise is to go to Control panel and uninstall everything related to VS and SharePoint. reinstall VS again, go to that WebPI feed link and install SharePoint tools.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:42 PM