none
How to display task pane ion Word 2007?

Question

• Hoi all,

I have two basic questions with regards to Custom Actions page for Word 2007.

1. When I open word 2007 (not in VSTO debug mode), how can I open the task pane? Which button/option do i need to pick for Word to display the Task Pane? In Office 2003, I could go to Tools -> Shared Workspace and see the Task pane. How do I do the same in Word 2007?
    2. How do I deploy the custom task pane to all my users? What is the recommended way? Do I include all the runtime  assemblies in my setup project? My task pane uses a app config file which actually gets bundled in the setup.exe. The app config has some settings which the users can change. How can I get the user to tweak the settings in the app config file during installation of the task pane?

Thanks

-Pritam

Friday, October 06, 2006 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Pritam

I believe you need to customize RibbonX to include a (toggle) button for your task pane.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:16 AM

All replies

• Click on the office button, choose server, Document Management Information (Is the new version of shared workspaces)
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 3:11 PM
  • Hoi all,

I have two basic questions with regards to Custom Actions page for Word 2007.

1. When I open word 2007 (not in VSTO debug mode), how can I open the task pane? Which button/option do i need to pick for Word to display the Task Pane? In Office 2003, I could go to Tools -> Shared Workspace and see the Task pane. How do I do the same in Word 2007?
    2. How do I deploy the custom task pane to all my users? What is the recommended way? Do I include all the runtime  assemblies in my setup project? My task pane uses a app config file which actually gets bundled in the setup.exe. The app config has some settings which the users can change. How can I get the user to tweak the settings in the app config file during installation of the task pane?
    3. How to define it when somebody ask me ?

Thanks

-Pritam

• Edited by KaNelago Friday, January 04, 2013 10:10 AM
    Friday, January 04, 2013 10:08 AM