none
error microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable setup

Question

• When trying to install microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable setup in my computer, an error occurs.

"This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator."

The operating system I have installed is the 32bit version of Windows 7.

Does anyone know how I can solve the problem? It's really important to install this. Thanks for help.

Thursday, July 07, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Matrezazi,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

First, I recommend you login an administrator account to install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.

Second, I recommend you check the settings in the Local Group Policy Editor. To do so: Start>>Run>>Type “gpedit.msc”

Third, User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. It works by prompting you for permission when a task requires administrative rights, such as installing software or changing settings that affect other users.

We don't recommend turning User Account Control off. If you do turn it off, you should turn it back on as soon as possible.

1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts.
    2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, July 18, 2011 10:24 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 4:53 AM