none
MSI returned error code 1603

General discussion

• hey,

When I want to install VS 2010 , it's message me with this error:

Microsoft Visual Studio Macro Tools: [2] WARNING! Setup Failed for optional component Microsoft Visual Studio Macro Tools. MSI returned error code 1603

but I installed .net framework 4.5, my windows is 32bit and at the first I had latest microsoft updates but after mis-installing, I decided to Uninstall all updates and try again, ofcource I didn't success to install VS at this case too. plz help me. thanks alot

Monday, October 08, 2012 11:11 AM

All replies

• Please provide complete install logs as follows:

collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Monday, October 08, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Hi,

Please provide your logs as MVP mentioend.

I'm not sure of your steps, could you please describe it?

Did you do the following:

1. Install .NET 4.5

2. Uninstall Updates(What updates did you uninstall? )

3. Uninstall VS2012 any beta version(I suppose you installed VS2012 with .NET 4.5,  what's your OS version?)

Please correct me if I misunderstand your issue.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Change the status to "General Discussion"
    We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and click the button "Change Type" at the top of the post. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:02 AM