none
g.i.cs-Files in WPF-Projects in Visual Studio 2008

Question

• In Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 I saw in a standard WPF Application, that there are not only the generated Files App.g.cs and Window1.g.cs, there are also App.g.i.cs and Window1.g.i.cs.

Are the g.i.cs only for the Intellisense-Support in Codebehind-Files without the need to rebuild the solution?

What stands the "i" for?

I've found no documentation about this, and im just interested in and would be very glad about a hint.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:57 PM

Answers

•  

The .g.i.<lang-specific extension.> are used internally to provide various Visual Studio features including intellisense.  The files don't appear in the obj directory because they are generated in memory.
    Monday, August 13, 2007 7:44 PM

All replies

• Maybe an additional information. The g.i.cs-Files are only visible in the Solution Explorer, select "Show all Files" and browse to the obj\Debug-Folder.

You won't see the g.i.cs-Files in FileSystem, cause it seems that they are generated and then deleted.

Thomas

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:42 PM
  •  

The .g.i.<lang-specific extension.> are used internally to provide various Visual Studio features including intellisense.  The files don't appear in the obj directory because they are generated in memory.
    Monday, August 13, 2007 7:44 PM
  •  

I'm having a problem with ClickOnce publishing because these files are not there. This answer is too vague for my tastes. I need my issue resolved and have not seen any viable solution.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:11 PM