none
your current security settings does not allow this file to be download

Question

• I am using a windows application to preview files like images,pdf files etc. Im doing it with the help of a web browser.It was working perfectly. But after installed on another machine and tried to open a pdf file im getting a security alert message box "your current security settings does not allow this file to be download". But web browser has no problem on showing images or another files..

Iam using Adobe reader X and OS windows 7 and IE 9. I tried to change security levels on IE but didnt work..

Some help please..

Friday, August 19, 2011 7:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried to run the application as administrator?
    Friday, August 19, 2011 7:55 AM
  • Didnt work that too.

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Hello again,

than i guess its a issue with the IE. You can try restore default settings of IE(also default advance settings) and check also if Active X is enable. I dont think its a problem with your app. Last step is to try reinstall IE.

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Hi sharon5656,

Not an issue in WPF, it is a security issue of TE setting. So it is off-topic here.

However, I share some suggestions on setting the security of IE browser.

1. Add your site into the "Allowed sites" for the pop-up blocker

2. Try to enable the options in the "ActiveX controls and plug-ins" for the internet zone or the local intranet zone.

And try to add your site into the trusted site list.

Any more help, I think you could try to post at the IF 9 in the Answer Forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9 or  IE forums on TechNet: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/internetexplorer and IE development on MSDN forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/iedevelopment

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 22, 2011 4:07 AM
  • This problem or error message is usually caused by a "browser hijack tool" or a "Java exploit". Solving it may be as simple as- "Reset" IE8 or IE9 settings in the "Advanced Tab" of Internet Settings. Go to Control Panel, Internet Settings, Advanced Tab, Reset. You can clear your personal settings or leave them. Reseting IE8 or IE9 returns all settings to "Default" , fixing this error message.

What must also be done is to restore Flash and Java and run a FULL Scan with a program like Malwarebytes. Browser Hijacks and Java Exploits are VERY common these days. If using Microsoft Security Essentials set for weekly FULL Scan in Settings. With Kaspersky, run a Vulnerability Scan and fix known issues and then Go to Settings, Scan Mode, and add a "schedule" in Run Mode for a monthly Full Scan; other programs enable FULL scans weekly or monthly. Set it up when the computer is on and you are doing something else. Or, run a full scan when suspicious. The reason this is important is many of these "hack" attempts are successful because the User Ok's the program, update, or toolbar these infections ride in on, like "MyWebSearch".

Search Add & Remove Programs or Programs & Features too remove Toolbars or Rogue Security, Driver or free "Fix-It" programs.

Uninstall all Adobe Flash and Java Apps, then reinstall with newest versions (download Java by typing "Java Download" and picking the download from them from another computer to a thumb drive if your browser is down).

Once Internet Explorer is restored or Reset, Flash and Java are reinstalled, IE8 or IE9 should be up and running.

Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:57 AM