none
Process Template Used per project

All replies

• Hi J_bon, 

Thanks for your post.

The process template information is not stored in TFS environment, the only think you can do is to look at the work item types or the states in the work item and ‘guess’ which template it is. For example: in TFS 2008, the Agile has a Scenario, while the CMMI has a Requirement.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:05 AM
  • Hello John,

I'm aware of this.Still trying to get if any other ways if anyone have tried.thanks for the reply.

Was wondering if Ewald have any different answer on this.He is the GURU on process templates area.

I found nice blog by Tarun which explains TFS API way to get the process template information for the selected project.Its valid for TFS 2010.

• Edited by j_bon Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:48 AM typo
    Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

For TFS 2010 & TFS 2012, you can follow below process to determine which process template a team project use:

1. Go to Team Explorer;
    2. Open Documents folder;
    3. Process Guidance;
    4. Open ProcessGuidance.html, this will open specific Process Template documenation that your team project base on.

I didn't try TFS 2008. So you may check if above process apply to TFS 2008.

regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Forrest, I'm aware of this & have already gone through it! Thanks!

j_bon

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Great, will you let me know if Team Explorer 2008 has Documents node, and the ProcessGuidance.html? I don't have it installed.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:45 AM
  • I use 2010 to connect to 2008 as well & can see templates ,process guidance very well.Thats not the issue.

I guess TE 2008 also works the same way.

j_bon

Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:39 AM