none
how to add a child window in MFC dialog?

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a child window in MFC dialog in order to display images but I don't know how to do it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:20 PM

Answers

• First thing to remember Every Dialog has a Handle withtout a handle a Window doesn't mean snything. So in you case Simply Create a Window and in Parent handle Provide your Dialog window Handle That's All you have to do.

Thanx
    Monday, October 01, 2007 3:20 AM

All replies

• My suggestion is to get a book about MFC and Windows programming. If you are not familiar with the C++ language then start with a book and/or tutorials about just C++. It is difficult to decide whether to learn MFC first or Windows programming first but a good book will help with both. If you go to the MSDN home page and click the Communities tab and/or click the Communities menu in Visual Studio you will get many useful resources. One valuable resource is the book reveiws in accu.org.

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:51 AM

• First thing to remember Every Dialog has a Handle withtout a handle a Window doesn't mean snything. So in you case Simply Create a Window and in Parent handle Provide your Dialog window Handle That's All you have to do.

Thanx
    Monday, October 01, 2007 3:20 AM
  • I have to say your comment is entirely NON helpful!
    Many of the books available are of widely varying quality and content. It is normal and accepted to ask these
    type of questions on forums like this.  It is also good form to provide a reasonable solution if you know
    one.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:45 PM
  • @ RMRocky, You are responding to thread from 2007
    kaymaf
    I hope this helps, if that is what you want, just mark it as answer so that we can move on
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:27 PM