none
extract table from pdf file.

Question

• Hi, I need to extract table from pdf file and save in excel format. using c# I managed to convert pdf file to xml file with the word location (top,left,height,widht) in pdf.
    now need to use that xmlfile inofrmation ( word location) and convert it to excel file. I would appreciate if anyone can give me some idea. Thanks

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:26 PM

Answers

• This forum is about what the C# IDE can do for you, not what you can do using the C# IDE. You don't discuss how to write a novel in pen or ink forum, do you?

As for extracting tables, your word location does not look like a table definition. Adobe seems to know the pdf format better. Post in the Adobe PDF SDK forum to find out if there is a table definition in the PDF format. If the PDF file you need to deal with is indeed just an image in the PDF container, then you may need help in OCR as well. 

For creating excel files in your code, find an Excel programming newsgroup.

MSMVP VC++
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Monday, May 04, 2009 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:05 PM

All replies

• This forum is about what the C# IDE can do for you, not what you can do using the C# IDE. You don't discuss how to write a novel in pen or ink forum, do you?

As for extracting tables, your word location does not look like a table definition. Adobe seems to know the pdf format better. Post in the Adobe PDF SDK forum to find out if there is a table definition in the PDF format. If the PDF file you need to deal with is indeed just an image in the PDF container, then you may need help in OCR as well. 

For creating excel files in your code, find an Excel programming newsgroup.

MSMVP VC++
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Zhu Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Monday, May 04, 2009 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:05 PM
  • Hi, is it possible to extract table from pdf file . if anyone knows please write to me . thanks
    • Merged by Harry Zhu Saturday, May 02, 2009 7:37 AM duplicated
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:24 PM
  • Hi, is it possible to extract table from pdf file . if anyone knows please write to me . thanks
    What is your address and how about the return envelope and postage?

AlexB
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:00 AM
  • sorry i meant ... write(reply)  to me in this forum
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:55 AM
  • This is a wrong forum. You need PDF help. Go to the forums where people give PDF help.
    When you are asking destinations on a wrong bus, the driver will probably tell you to get out and take another bus, instead of get off the route and provide taxi service for you.

MSMVP VC++
    Monday, May 11, 2009 12:55 AM