none
WIT Security

Question

• Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of Customizing and use our own Workitem..In regard to that I have different states (Hold for review,Pending QA Approval,QA Deployment etc..) and I have written the workflow  such  that all the other states can be navigated (drop down) from "Hold for review"..But I want to setup the security for "HOld for Review" state in a way that only CM team(setup security permissions) should be able to change the state from that state to all states and no one else.. Please let me know how can I achieve this..Thanks

Regards,

Rahman.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:20 PM

Answers

• You need to add a FOR attribute for each transition from the "Hold for review" state to limit the transitions to members of the CM Team group.

<Transition from="Hold for review" to="Pending QA Approval" for="[Project]\CM Team" >

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Hi Rahman,

Thanks for your post!

In addition to what Mattias's said, you can also implenment this use Process Editor from TFS Power Tools to add FOR atrribute for each transition.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Try adding something like the following to your transistion.

(I would think twice before I start dubblicating the functionality of the AssignTo field)

<Transition from="Hold for review" to="Pending QA Approval" for="[Project]\CM Team" >
    <FIELDS>
    <FIELD  refname="MyCompany.Developer">
      <ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE  />
      <COPY  from="currentuser" />
      <VALIDUSER  />
      <REQUIRED  />
    </FIELD>
    </FIELDS>
    </Transision>

Sunday, July 01, 2012 6:06 PM

All replies

• You need to add a FOR attribute for each transition from the "Hold for review" state to limit the transitions to members of the CM Team group.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Hi Rahman,

Thanks for your post!

In addition to what Mattias's said, you can also implenment this use Process Editor from TFS Power Tools to add FOR atrribute for each transition.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:33 AM
  • Thanks Mattias and Cathy for your Reply...Now I got it..

Question: We have a field called "Developer" and a state "Return to Dev by QA"..In the Process when QA returns the WIT to developer for some changes it should populate the Developer field with all the namesof users/developers(dropdown) like we have in "Assigned to" field in Task Workitem.. Please let me know how can I achieve this functionality..

Regards,

Rahman

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Try adding something like the following to your transistion.

(I would think twice before I start dubblicating the functionality of the AssignTo field)

<FIELDS>
    <FIELD  refname="MyCompany.Developer">
      <ALLOWEXISTINGVALUE  />
      <COPY  from="currentuser" />
      <VALIDUSER  />
      <REQUIRED  />
    </FIELD>
    </FIELDS>
    </Transision>

Sunday, July 01, 2012 6:06 PM