none
How to set an overload group on arguments in the workflow designer?

Question

• Hi,

I'm wondering how to set an overload group (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee358733.aspx) to arguments using the workflow designer. If I click on an argument in the Arguments tab in Visual Studio, the properties window shows a checkbox for the Required attribute, but no property for the OverloadGroup.

Is there a way to use overload groups in the designer?

Thanks in advance,
    Jochen.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:02 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately decorating arguments with OverloadGroups is not supported in the WF designer in VS2010 (OverloadGroups are only available for activities authored in code in VS2010)

Leon Welicki
    Program Manager, WF Runtime

Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think there is a way, I will check to make sure but I don't think there is, I'll report back as soon as i get either a confirmation or a method for doing that.

Steve Danielson [Microsoft]
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:20 PM
  • Unfortunately decorating arguments with OverloadGroups is not supported in the WF designer in VS2010 (OverloadGroups are only available for activities authored in code in VS2010)

Leon Welicki
    Program Manager, WF Runtime

Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:33 AM
  • Thanks for your response, Leon.

It would be very nice to see this feature in a future release. OverloadGroups are quite helpful for our custom activity development. But when it comes to authoring compensable activities out of custom code-based activities in the designer, there is no way to promote the OverloadGroups of the contained activities to the outside world.

Jochen

Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:33 AM