none
Error Application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002

Question

• I'm traying to compile a solution with VS 2005 RC1 but I get the following error
    Application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002, the projects inside my solution all are configure to generate an EMBEDED MANIFEST. I used NTSD and I get the following error LdrpWalkImportDescriptor( ) failed to probe xx.dll for its manifest I review the Event Viewer and I found the following error

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. Source SideBySide

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:33 PM

Answers

• You get this error on the machine were you compiled it?
    Strange. In this case the version 8 of the CRT should be installed.

If you get the error on an other machine read this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2005/03/18/398720.aspx
    Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:51 AM
  • Win2k doesn't support fusion or SxS. This is only supported in WinXP and later versions of the OS.

In this case, please take a look at the link provided previously by Martin to resolve your dependencies.

Thanks,
      Ayman Shoukry
      VC++ Team

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:14 PM

All replies

• You get this error on the machine were you compiled it?
    Strange. In this case the version 8 of the CRT should be installed.

If you get the error on an other machine read this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2005/03/18/398720.aspx
    Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:51 AM
  • One more thing that is important, this error happends when I try to compile in a XP operating system, but when I use W2K everything seems to work fine, I found in MSDN that the things are different in XP and W2K
    Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:54 PM
  • Win2k doesn't support fusion or SxS. This is only supported in WinXP and later versions of the OS.

In this case, please take a look at the link provided previously by Martin to resolve your dependencies.

Thanks,
      Ayman Shoukry
      VC++ Team

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:14 PM
  • The .manifest file generated is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
      <dependency>
        <dependentAssembly>
          <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT" version="8.0.50608.0" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
        </dependentAssembly>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <dependentAssembly>
          <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT" version="8.0.50608.0" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
        </dependentAssembly>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <dependentAssembly>
          <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT" version="8.00.0.0" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
        </dependentAssembly>
      </dependency>
    </assembly>

Is this dependency correct?
    Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT" version="8.00.0.0"
    I can't find anything to solve it, I try to change the .policy file
                <bindingRedirect oldVersion="8.0.0.0-8.0.50608.0" newVersion="8.0.50727.26"/>
     to support this version but the error continues in all the machines with XP I have try to compile my solution

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:58 PM
  • No, this is not correct list.

1) Debug mode bits are mixed up with Release mode bits (two dependency links to DebugCRT and CRT)
    2) Dependency link to VS2005 Beta 1 bits, which are most likely not present on the machine. The root cause for this error is that you have one or more static libraries not recompiled with recent builds. I recommend completely clean your build (remove all obj and lib files), then re-build them all. If you have a folder to where you copy common .lib or .obj files, delete all files in this folder also.

Nikola
    VC++
    Monday, October 31, 2005 6:26 PM
  • I got the same error as yours. Do you know how to solve it?

Thanks,

Monday, June 11, 2007 2:33 PM
  • had this same problem with several applications one with with Motorola Phone Tools and along with 2 other programs, To fix this i downloaded a update from here and WOW IT WORK,   acourse you have to uninstall the program you have the problem with and then reinstall it.

but it works for me.

HERE IS THE LINK TO WINDOWS DOWNLOAD THAT FIXED MY PROBLEM.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en 

HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU/

Friday, July 06, 2007 9:02 PM
  •  GSCVirus wrote:
    I'm traying to compile a solution with VS 2005 RC1 but I get the following error
    Application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002, the projects inside my solution all are configure to generate an EMBEDED MANIFEST. I used NTSD and I get the following error LdrpWalkImportDescriptor( ) failed to probe xx.dll for its manifest I review the Event Viewer and I found the following error

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. Source SideBySide

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:20 AM
  •  

Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:45 AM
  •  GSCVirus wrote:
    I'm traying to compile a solution with VS 2005 RC1 but I get the following error

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Monday, May 12, 2008 10:01 PM