none
Conditional Format copying from cell to different range

Question

• I have an Excel workbook containing several worksheets.  Each sheet has a range of cells containing references to other ranges, ex; AY3 = “C14:D16.”  This column contains conditional formatting based upon values in cells of an additional range.

I would like to find out if anyone can help with VBA code that will loop through the array and copy the formatting of each cell within the first range with the ability to pass that formatting to the range value given in each cell.  I have found numerous answers on how tocopy conditional formatting, but need to figure out how to loop through the array and use the range values given.  I also need to have this code update each time a new selection is made.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

• Moved by Shanks Zen Friday, February 01, 2013 6:34 AM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hello wingrider54,

I have an Excel workbook containing several worksheets.  Each sheet has a range of cells containing references to other ranges, ex; AY3 = “C14:D16.”  This column contains conditional formatting based upon values in cells of an additional range.

I would like to find out if anyone can help with VBA code that will loop through the array and copy the formatting of each cell within the first range with the ability to pass that formatting to the range value given in each cell.  I have found numerous answers on how tocopy conditional formatting, but need to figure out how to loop through the array and use the range values given.  I also need to have this code update each time a new selection is made.

Welcome to Msdn Forums , for vba question is avialible dedicated Forum , see link below http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/isvvba/threads

Regards.

• Marked as answer by wingrider54 Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:29 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hello wingrider54,

I have an Excel workbook containing several worksheets.  Each sheet has a range of cells containing references to other ranges, ex; AY3 = “C14:D16.”  This column contains conditional formatting based upon values in cells of an additional range.

Welcome to Msdn Forums , for vba question is avialible dedicated Forum , see link below http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/it-IT/isvvba/threads

Regards.

• Marked as answer by wingrider54 Tuesday, June 18, 2013 4:29 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Pls share a sample workbook.That will help us in testing.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Friday, February 01, 2013 8:29 AM