none
what is the difference between a flow document that has be already loaded once on a richtextbox compared to one that has never been loaded?

Question

• Hello

I have a user defined controls that shows 10 richtextboxes hosted in a canvas.

The application loops through a list of flowdocuments and load them in each richtextbox.

For some strange reason the first 2 are not displayed while the other 8 are ok.

If i load the flow documents on another visible  richtextbox and then i load them 

on the richtextboxes, on my user defined controls, all of them are displayed correctly.

this problem arises when the control is built the first time. The flow documents are loaded before the richtextboxes are visible

what is the difference between a flow document that has be already loaded once on a richtextbox compared to one that has never been loaded?

PS: I can not post the code

Saturday, January 01, 2011 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Marck68,

As far as I know, it won't make any difference for a flowdocument.

Have you tried Snoop your application to see what's going on? I am wondering what the visual tree looks like for those unvisible richtextbox.

Best regards,
    Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:45 AM
  • Hi Min,

I have not tried snoop yet.

Many times i have noticed that a flowdocument loaded on a richtextbox (visible) is different from a flowdocument that has never been loaded on a richtextbox

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Hi Marck68,

That's interesting. Any chance you can kindly elaborate a certain circumstance in which I can see the difference? It will allow me to perform further investigation.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Min Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 1:26 AM