none
Word 2007 Template (.dotx) not updated by VSTO?

Question

•  

Hi,

I've created a Word 2007 Template project that displays the current assembly version and deployment manifest version.

Every time I publish in VS2008 and reopen the document on my test machine, the version is different - as expected.

However, change made to the dotx file in the VS project are not updated on the test machine.

The dotx file in my publishing location is updated. Does the VSTOInstaller only update the associated DLL and meta data? Is there any way to include the updated dotx file to the test machine using ClickOnce?

-

Rai

Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:51 PM

Answers

• hi Rai,

the VSTO ClickOnce installation method does not copy the document or template to the end user computer if you install the Office solution from a network location.

however once you set the network location in the Install Path in the publish wizard or publish page, the document or template can be moved anywhere and the customization still works.  this is because the path to the customization assembly is stored in the document if it was set in the publish wizard or publish page.

for more information, see How to: Install a ClickOnce Office Solution (2007 System).

m.

Friday, April 18, 2008 4:33 PM