none
Application Won't Start...?

Question

•  

Hi,

...   ...   ...   I downloaded the Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition... Then Accidentally formatted my harddrive... Then I had to dowbload the Visual C++ e few more times... Then the Visual C++ Compiler didn't work anymore... I had to download again and option Repair/ Reinstall... Then seems to compile programs... Then when I run the Compiled programs, says...

"   ...   Program Failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll wasn't found... Reinstall application to fix problem...   ...   "   ...

_________Is that becuase they only allow to download Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition only once... Or what seems to be the problem...?

_________I did copy this d3dx9_30.lib everywhere in the Computer Windows directories and subdirectories and the DirectX SDK folders and subfolders... Still says program won't start because d3dx9_30.dll wasn't found... What seems to be the problem...? How do you fix problem...?

Friday, April 04, 2008 10:55 PM

Answers

•  

Did you install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX ??

I think its you should try installing that..

See if it solves the problem..

Here is a link on downloading the latest DirectX and installing it..

Hope this helps!!

Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:29 PM
  • Hello

Re: Application Won't Start...?

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you don’t have a solution, then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks!

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:39 AM

All replies

•  

Did you install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX ??

I think its you should try installing that..

See if it solves the problem..

Here is a link on downloading the latest DirectX and installing it..

Hope this helps!!

Sunday, April 06, 2008 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

If you installed DirectX SDK successfully, “d3dx9_30.dll” will reside in “C:\Windows\System32”. If it doesn’t exist in that directory, you should do as ptr2void suggested.

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 7:26 AM
  • Hello

Re: Application Won't Start...?

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you don’t have a solution, then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks!

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:39 AM