none
Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains

Question

• When developing webformance tests... when I look through at the browser responses I get this message..

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more
    of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the
    Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's
    domains

I just want to really understand what this means...?

• Moved by Forrest GuoModerator Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:43 PM forums restructure (From:Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing)
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Just to make this issue clearly, whether you are record a web test for your app like this document?

Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration.: One or more  of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the  Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's  domains

I didn’t meet this issue before, but it seems that your site’s URL is not correct. 

The Web tests work at the protocol layer by issuing HTTP requests, whether they are the real HTTP requests?

Before record the web test, I suggest you try to access your app, I mean that you could paste the URL to a web browser, and check whether your app work well, if it still has this similar issue or it doesn't work, I’m afraid that it is related to your app or others, but it would not be the test issue.

If the app worked normally, I suggest you try to record the same web test with the Fiddler tool, and then run it in your VS. In addition, you could check your web test result, maybe you could get more information.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:43 AM