none
type not found. verify missing assembly error in designer.

Question

• Hi

I am getting below error in Visual studio designer.  

Error 60 The type 'converters:AlgorithmTypeToBooleanConverter' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 

The application builds and runs correctly, but when I open designer I am not able to see anything.

This is coming from XAML file of a UserControl. I have created a converter (This converter is in the same dll as the usercontrol and the namespace is also added in the XAML) and Bound it to IsEnabled properties of the usercontrol. The application uses the converter correectly and runs as expected but nothing can be seen in designer view.

Can someone help with probable reasons for this.

Regards

JC

Monday, December 24, 2012 8:30 AM

Answers

• Hi JC,

Error 60 The type 'converters:AlgorithmTypeToBooleanConverter' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. 

It seems that there are many reasons generating the similar issues.

1. Please check that whether you missed any assembly added to reference like this thread.
    2. Not very sure which VS version you are using, to make sure that it is not related to the VS, maybe you could try to check it in other machine.
    3. How about changing the platform target? See this thread.

Jim shared us the detailed steps about it, if possible, please check “Resource dll - user control dll program”, hope it could provide useful information.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:06 AM

All replies

• The designer expects to find dlls ready in the bin folder, and he can't parse the code before it's built, like the C# compiler does. Try rebuilding you solution and refreshing the desinger.

Regards

Yoni

Monday, December 24, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Thanks Yoni

But the converter and usercontrol are in same assembly as I mentioned above so I doubt that this would be the reason.

Also I tried rebuilding application multiple times and that did not help.

Regards

JC

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi JC,

It seems that there are many reasons generating the similar issues.

1. Please check that whether you missed any assembly added to reference like this thread.
    2. Not very sure which VS version you are using, to make sure that it is not related to the VS, maybe you could try to check it in other machine.
    3. How about changing the platform target? See this thread.

Jim shared us the detailed steps about it, if possible, please check “Resource dll - user control dll program”, hope it could provide useful information.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:06 AM