none
.NET Framework 1.0 on Windows 7?

Answers

• Hi GerrieCraig,

Thank you for your post.

As we know, .NET Framework 1.0 is not supported on Windows 7.

However, if you want to install .NET Framework 1.0, as far as I know, we can try directly installing it on Windows 7. I would suggest you to upgrade it to .NET 1.0 SP3 after you have installed it on Windows 7.

If there is any problem during the installation, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you on that.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, July 12, 2010 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi GerrieCraig,

Thank you for your post.

As we know, .NET Framework 1.0 is not supported on Windows 7.

However, if you want to install .NET Framework 1.0, as far as I know, we can try directly installing it on Windows 7. I would suggest you to upgrade it to .NET 1.0 SP3 after you have installed it on Windows 7.

If there is any problem during the installation, please feel free to let me know. I'm willing to help you on that.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, July 12, 2010 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:19 AM
  • I have a legacy software and it required .NET framework 1.0 installed to Windows 7, would you please explain how to install this framework to Windows 7.

Thanks in advance,

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:33 PM
  • I am having the same problem. Did you find the way to install .NET 1.0 on Windows 7?

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 2:52 PM
  • I receive this error:

"The install cannot continue because this version of .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one. For more information, see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q312/5/00.asp"

Now I looked at that article and it talked about a SP being installed. Unfortunately only .Net 4 is installed on this PC. Will I have to remove 4 to install 1.0?

I did previously install 1.1 and removed 1.1 is it possible that reminents of this package still exist causing issues with 1.0?

Monday, November 07, 2011 6:42 PM
  • Hello Aurican0413.

What is your Windows version?

This thread has already been answered that .NET Framework 1.0 is not supported on Win 7, so I'll assume it's not Windows 7.

You should also be aware that installing .NET Framework 1.1 on Win 7 is not straightforward and requires special techniques.

You can try Aaron Stebner's .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove any remnants of .NET Framework 1.1 on your system.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

.NET Framework 4.0 is completely separate and independent of 1.0 or 1.1. There is no need to remove it.

Monday, November 07, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Unfortunetly yes it is on a windows 7 32-bit platform. It is required to run legacy software. I will review the link you posted.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, November 07, 2011 7:10 PM
  • Then, you will need to consider an older version of Windows. The Cleanup Tool I linked for you was on the assumption that you are not trying to use 1.0 on Win 7. I'd also be willing to bet that you did not have 1.1 installed properly, unless you did something like this:

http://saranspot.blogspot.com/2009/02/installing-dotnet-framework-11-on.html

I realize the article says beta, but it applies to RTM as well.

.NET Framework 1.0 will NOT work on Windows 7.

You might consider running a Windows XP virtual machine and installing 1.0 there, along with the software you need to use.

Monday, November 07, 2011 7:20 PM