none
.Micrsoft .Net Framework 4 security update won't install (on Windows 7 home).

Question

• I've tied various things to get this update to install, however nothing has worked. The primary error code I get is 66A, can anyone help? (please remember I'm not the sharpest technical wizzard, so may need a little spoon feeding!)
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:43 PM

Answers

• Just went through it all again, hurrah instalation success. Thhnk you, thank you, thank you!
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:09 AM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:16 PM

All replies

• Please identify which security update you are talking about. Is there a KB number you can cite?

Did this update come through Windows Update? Have you attempted to download and install it manually? If so, please provide the link to the download.

You can also try these steps:

A. Click on Start and click on Control panel.

B. Go to Program and Features.

C. Scroll down to Microsoft.Net Framework 4 Client Profile, right click it.

D. It will give you a choice of Uninstall/Change, click it.

E. Then, it will give a choice to Repair it, pick Repair it. It will take about 4-10 minutes to repair (with my PC) your experience may vary.

F. When completed, go to your update center, and update it again

Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Cheers, however I've not had much luck with that solution.

Went through A-D yet "Repair Did Not Suceed" was the uplifting reply I got. Microsoft .Net Framework 4 was no longer in Programs & Features, went back to Windows Updates where it told me of an important update "Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB982670)" which installed. checked for updates and the two initial Microsoft .Net Framework 4's are back and failing to install. The merrygoround of failure goes on.

Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Just went through it all again, hurrah instalation success. Thhnk you, thank you, thank you!
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:09 AM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 6:16 PM