none
Error 0x80131107, Trying to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86

Question

•  

error 0x80131107,

Can't even load Firmware 2 and that's all it gives me other than I can uninstall it in my control panel(dee deedee)

WHAT IS THE DEAL. Can't yall get anything right?

Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi SirJaime,

Please first try the workaround in this article: Assembly load failure installing the 2.0 Framework which described an issue similar to yours.

If this does not solve your problem, you can try using the following steps to solve this problem:

1. Download the .NET Framework cleanup tool and choose to clean up the version of the .NET Framework that is causing problems on your system
    2. Download and install the version of the .NET Framework that you cleaned up in step 1 (such as the .NET Framework 1.0, .NET Framework 1.1 or .NET Framework 2.0)
    3. (optional) Download and run the .NET Framework verification tool to double-check that all .NET Framework files are correctly installed
    4. Download and install the desired .NET Framework service pack (such as .NET Framework 1.0 SP3 or .NET Framework 1.1 SP1) by running the setup package directly instead of using Windows Update.  Running it directly will allow the service pack setup to display error dialogs instead of having Windows Update suppress them

For more details, please visit What to do if other .NET Framework setup troubleshooting steps do not help.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:07 AM
  • Thankyou, I followed all your intructions in the related email on the NET Framework 2.0 fix: Error Number 0x80131107 and it all worked smoothly from the get go.

Kindest regards,

skf ..........

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 12:36 PM
  • Great instructions.  I was having the same problem.

Friday, February 08, 2008 9:33 PM
  • I tried for 2 days to figure this one out myself. I'm so thankful I found your answer. Followed steps as specified and worked like a charm. 
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:45 PM
  • Hiya  Feng Chen. Just want to say thanks a bunch! I use a program that requires Netframework 2.0 and after a reformat it no longer worked and I couldn't re-install until I followed your advice. I had almost given up until I found this thread and it works fine now, so thank you so very much! :D 
    • Edited by Proof_Tracey Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:27 PM
  • Excellent, you are great!! Thanks a lot.
    Monday, October 06, 2008 12:31 PM
  • O My God, it worked for me, i've been trying to do this for sooo long thank you very much Feng Chen!
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 8:05 PM
  • this is  great when i try this set up, wonderfull my problem now is resolve thanks to you feng chen
    Friday, December 26, 2008 11:35 PM
  • This did not work for me.

I am running Windows XP SP3 trying to install .NET Framework 2.0 on a recently restored PC. When I try and install the .NET Framework I get the following error:

"error 25015. Failed to install assembly c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.050727\microsoft.visualbasic.compatibility.dll becasue of system error 0x80131107."

In addition I cannot get your link to work for the .NET Framwork cleanup tool. (IE) or the .NET Framework verification tool. (IE) At some point I did get the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to work and I got a message that stated the .NET Framework 2.0 was not found.

I am thinking this might also be why I cannot install Office 2007 Professional CD2 too. Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I have less hair now then when I started this process. LOL

Blessings,
    Wendy
    Wendy Merritt
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 6:17 PM
  • This did not work for me.

I am running Windows XP SP3 trying to install .NET Framework 2.0 on a recently restored PC. When I try and install the .NET Framework I get the following error:

"error 25015. Failed to install assembly c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.050727\microsoft.visualbasic.compatibility.dll becasue of system error 0x80131107."

In addition I cannot get your link to work for the .NET Framwork cleanup tool. (IE) or the .NET Framework verification tool. (IE) At some point I did get the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to work and I got a message that stated the .NET Framework 2.0 was not found.

I am thinking this might also be why I cannot install Office 2007 Professional CD2 too. Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I have less hair now then when I started this process. LOL

Blessings,
    Wendy
    Wendy Merritt

I had the same problem.
    -First go to microsoft updates and get all the Framework downloads you can get then try* to install them all-
    -Then run the clean-up tool-
    -Then instal them all-
    Should work this way.
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Go to c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\
    delete folder v2.050727
    Retry again
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:36 PM
  • I'm not computer savy enough to understand the 'workaround'

step #1 and step #3say they are unavailable 

Friday, April 30, 2010 12:26 AM
  • Step #1 and step #3 says page cannot be reached.

I then deleted net framework, and tried to download and it did not because of error 2507

while initializing fusion-could not load fusion in load libraryshml  0x80131700

Friday, April 30, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Hi lifegetsteejus,

That site appears to be down. You can get the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool in Step #1 from this site.

Step #3 is optional, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that one unless you continue to have problems.

So again, here is a summary of the steps:

1. Download and run the Cleanup Tool from the link I posted above. This will remove .NET 2.0 from your computer.
    2. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0 from here.
    3. (Skip)
    4. Download and install Service Pack 2 for .NET 2.0 from here. Note: There are three different versions listed on this page. Make sure you get the x86 version!

Please let me know if this doesn't solve your problem.

Friday, April 30, 2010 5:15 PM
  • could not delete file. computer said i could not delete
    Thursday, May 06, 2010 2:47 AM
  • I tried this- I was able to clean up all versions of .NET, and to reinstall 1.0 and 1.1, but cannot install 2.0. I get

error 25007. Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim(). Error: 0x80131700

I've tried every which way I can find to fix this problem... can't run a lot of my software because no 2.0 on my system. Please help if you have any idea how to fix this!

Thanks

amy

Monday, September 13, 2010 9:56 PM
  • This worked beautifully! Thanks!! :-)
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:27 PM
  • OMG! Thank you so much, after deleting the file like you said, it installed!! You Rock! Thank you!
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:15 AM
  • I cant tell you thank you enough I had to completely re-create my computer and I had lots of problems with .NET Framework 2.0 but this was just the greatist thanks again JOHN - JONESBONES
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:35 AM
  • I cant tell you thank you enough I had to completely re-create my computer and I had lots of problems with .NET Framework 2.0 but this was just the greatist thanks again JOHN - JONESBONES
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:36 AM
  • After you use the Framework cleanup utility you have to go and delete all the old versions in your main drive C: then Windows then Microsoft.net then Framework file, delete the ones that are there or the new installs will not work.  JONESSBONESS
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:40 AM