none
Parsing EntityName

    Question

  • I have a problem when opening one form in design view. the others open up fine. i googled it and found that i might have a '

    &' in some configuration file. I do not have one in the app.config. Where else can it be or what else can be the problem.

     

    Below u can find the error. Thanks.

     

    One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

    An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2, position 75.

    Hide    

    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.RealizeMoniker(String moniker)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.get_FileName()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.get_Assembly()
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly, String description)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchGeneratedEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreTypeCase, Assembly& assembly)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.SearchEntries(AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Assembly& assembly, ReferenceType refType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ReferenceType refType)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.GetType(ITypeResolutionService trs, String name, Dictionary`2 names)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.FillStatementTable(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, IDictionary table, Dictionary`2 names, CodeStatementCollection statements, String className)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
    at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
    at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.BasicDesignerLoader.BeginLoad(IDesignerLoaderHost host)

    Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:25 PM

Answers

  • I have fixed this by changing the folders name. A folder containing this project had an & sign in it.

     

    Friday, April 04, 2008 8:23 PM

All replies

  • Can you post the portion of your app.config around line 2?

     

     

     

    Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:28 PM
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

    <configuration>

    <connectionStrings>

    <add name="MOQuotations"

    connectionString="Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Quotes;User ID=Quotes;Password=Quotes"

    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

    </connectionStrings>

    <appSettings>

    <add key="LogPath" value="Logs\" />

    <add key="errorLogFile" value="ErrorLog.txt" />

    <add key="importLogFile" value="ImportLog.txt" />

    <add key="adminPermission" value="false"/>

    <add key="projectVersion" value="1.0.0"/>

    </appSettings>

    </configuration>

     

    Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:39 PM
  • I have fixed this by changing the folders name. A folder containing this project had an & sign in it.

     

    Friday, April 04, 2008 8:23 PM