none
EventType clr20r3

Question

•  

Hi everyone,

I am running my application 24*7. It works fine in day time but at night it get crashed. I am running it through scheduler.

It is giving following error in application event...

EventType clr20r3, P1 deduplix.exe, P2 1.0.3014.28632, P3 47f35fed, P4 system.windows.forms, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebf68, P7 16c6, P8 159, P9 system.componentmodel.win32, P10 NIL.

please help me and tell what can i do?

Server OS is Windows server 2003 standard edition.

I am using one COM dll and one OCX.

Monday, May 12, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers

• Mayur Bagal,

Based on your post, the error message "EventType clr20r3 ..." is too common to catch the mistake in your application. I also notice you have posted the same problem in ClickOnce forum and another thread in BCL forum. As is mentioned in your last sentence, there is COM component and ocx control, i have no idea whether it is the third-party component provided by the other vendors. If it is, you can try to contact to the related manufacturer.

Generally speaking, clr20r3 is just a event message showing that there is an unhandled exception in your application. This is the application's developer's responsibility to deal with this exception. CLR logged the exception in order to inform you.

To deal with this issue, you have to check your source code and handle the exception. As far as I've known, this is the only way.

In addition, by searching in the MSDN forums with the EventType clr20r3 keyword, there are many threads with this error message. I would like to provide you the closest thread as follows, the answer by TaylorMichaelL is quite valuable in solving the OP's question:

NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting, Event ID: 5000, EventType clr20r3, P1 msadapter.exe, P2 5.0.0.0, P3 4648d13f, P4 mscorlib, P5 2

I hope this can provide you some idea.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:06 AM

All replies

• Mayur Bagal,

Based on your post, the error message "EventType clr20r3 ..." is too common to catch the mistake in your application. I also notice you have posted the same problem in ClickOnce forum and another thread in BCL forum. As is mentioned in your last sentence, there is COM component and ocx control, i have no idea whether it is the third-party component provided by the other vendors. If it is, you can try to contact to the related manufacturer.

Generally speaking, clr20r3 is just a event message showing that there is an unhandled exception in your application. This is the application's developer's responsibility to deal with this exception. CLR logged the exception in order to inform you.

To deal with this issue, you have to check your source code and handle the exception. As far as I've known, this is the only way.

In addition, by searching in the MSDN forums with the EventType clr20r3 keyword, there are many threads with this error message. I would like to provide you the closest thread as follows, the answer by TaylorMichaelL is quite valuable in solving the OP's question:

NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting, Event ID: 5000, EventType clr20r3, P1 msadapter.exe, P2 5.0.0.0, P3 4648d13f, P4 mscorlib, P5 2

I hope this can provide you some idea.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:06 AM
  • I had a similar issue with multiple apps - finally got them worked out, and thought I'd post the solution I had.
    - Make sure no code changes control properties during form loading (this can include things like changing button color via mouse hover)
    - If you have a single-instance app, make sure you aren't starting it in multiple places (multiple Start-menus/run keys) at the same time.

Good luck!

Friday, February 05, 2010 11:59 AM
  • I have a similar problem. One in order to catch the exception it would be nice to know what exception I am to catch. Also is there some documentation on what P1, P2, P3, etc are in the application log?

Thank you.

Kevin

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:18 PM
  • Even though this is an old article, no answer was really said as to how to solve it. So I ran into this as well and wrote up an article on how to find and solve errors similar to it using the p7 listed above (16c6) and IL Disassembler.

http://corymathews.com/eventtype-clr20r3-p1-w3wp-exe-system-nullreferenceexception/

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:32 PM