none
MSVCP100.dll was not found

Question

• Hi:

I am new to C++ programming, please pardon my ignorance if my problem is very simple.

I have build a VC++ project in both VS 2010 and VS2008. Basically, it is a win32 console application. I have no problem executing that in my pc but when I am trying to run it in Windows Vista machine I am getting the following error.

MSVCP100.dll is not found. I looked through the documentation of Runtime Libraries which is mentioned below in that it states the following.

For Standard C++ library MSVCPRT.LIB having characteristics Multithreaded, dynamic link (import library for MSVCP100.dll) with option /MD.

My question is how do I import MSVCP100.dll? OR What do I need so that the user's machine will not have that error.

Any help is highly appreciated.

C Runtime Library Documentation

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh.aspx

Regards,

Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you want to run the executable on another machine, you can install the VC++ redistributable package to ensure the runtime libraries are installed.

• Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:47 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:30 PM
  • One clarification, the build which I generated from VS2008 do not require MSVCP100.dll, Apologize for wrong information.
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:46 PM
  • Thanks Brian, I will update this thread after I install VC++ redistributable package.

regards,

Arup

Thursday, May 20, 2010 6:51 PM
  • thank you

i want to know, are there any other ways to solve the promble, just like add some file without executive any package.

Friday, July 09, 2010 1:38 AM
  • thank you

i want to know, are there any other ways to solve the promble, just like add some file without executive any package.

Yes, you can just copy those msvc files to your program folder instead (msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll, etc), and MFC files if needed.
    Monday, August 09, 2010 11:59 AM