none
A Project Building Succesfully in Visual Studio 2010 but not on the TFS 2010 Build Sever

Question

• I have just two simple VB.Net Windows Form App Projects that I was using as tests for deployment. The first project was called DeployOne the other DeployTwo. Each project has one form. DeployOne added a DeployTwo reference so that it could access the DeployTwo form. In DeployOne the form has a two labels, a textbox and two buttons. When you type your name in the text box and click the first button is displays Hello "Your Name" in one of the labels. When you click the other button it just shows the form from DeployTwo. On the form in the DeployTwo project there is one label and one button. The label initially says click the button, when you click the button it changes the text to Another message. I explained this to show that there is nothing too complicated about the app. However, when I compile the app in Visual Studio it works, but when I try to compile it on the TFS 2010 Build Server I get following message 48 times for different classes and name spaces "<Class Name> is ambigous in the namespance <Namespace>. If any knows what is causing this problem, I would surely appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Jesus is Lord

Monday, July 02, 2012 1:25 AM

Answers

• Hey Lily,

Thanks for you post. The two projects were in one solution from the beginning. I have solved the compilation problem though. The problem was that I added a custom msbuild targets file and called the target in that file from the DeployOne projects msbuild code and that is what caused it to not compile correctly. I know this because I commented out the msbuild code calling the target from the targets file and check the project back it and Queued another build and it worked.

Thanks for you help,

Jonathan

Jesus is Lord

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:23 AM

All replies

• Hi St. Jonathan Mark,

Thank you for your post.

Do these two projects are two independent projects, or two projects in one solution?

If they are just two projects, not in a solution, try to add both two projects in build definition.

If the issue still exists, please post build error log.

Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 3:22 AM
  • Hey Lily,

Thanks for you post. The two projects were in one solution from the beginning. I have solved the compilation problem though. The problem was that I added a custom msbuild targets file and called the target in that file from the DeployOne projects msbuild code and that is what caused it to not compile correctly. I know this because I commented out the msbuild code calling the target from the targets file and check the project back it and Queued another build and it worked.

Thanks for you help,

Jonathan

Jesus is Lord

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 12:23 AM