none
Show All Users Upon Open User Account in Control Panel

Question

• Hi,

How do I open User Accounts page with all users listed in Control Panel for Windows Vista and above? Current default behavior is open with the current logged on user profile.

I would like it to have the same behavior as Windows XP shows when run nusrmgr.cpl command.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hello Leonard,

I think the behavior on Windows Vista and Windows 7 is more desirable. User profile should be changed by the user himself. One user should not changed another user's profile, because it could make confusion. However, it is allowed to a administrator is remove a user or add a new one, also Administrator can reset another user's password if the user forget his password.

Since this is a Windows usage issue, I recommend you post on TechNet forum.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories/

Regards,
    Rong-Chun Zhang
    MSDN Subscriber Supportin Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Leonard Lee Friday, April 30, 2010 2:32 AM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:34 PM

All replies

• Also, could I open User Account page in Control Panel with specific user defined?

Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:43 AM
  • Hello Leonard,

I think the behavior on Windows Vista and Windows 7 is more desirable. User profile should be changed by the user himself. One user should not changed another user's profile, because it could make confusion. However, it is allowed to a administrator is remove a user or add a new one, also Administrator can reset another user's password if the user forget his password.

Since this is a Windows usage issue, I recommend you post on TechNet forum.
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories/

Regards,
    Rong-Chun Zhang
    MSDN Subscriber Supportin Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Leonard Lee Friday, April 30, 2010 2:32 AM
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:34 PM
  • Thanks! I will proceed to ask in TechNet forum.
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:32 AM