none
Visual C ++ Runtime Library, Abnormal Program Termination

General discussion

• I have had some issues with this for some time until I managed to locate a few examples in the knowledge base.
    My problem was that on boot up I received the Abnormal Program Termination with a program link attached.
    The string ended in {setup\hpzrcv01.exe
    I remembered viewing a comment from one individual who mentioned to uninstall any recently installed software.
    Well in my case it was a Hewlett Packard Printer.I had deleted the printer, so I thought but had not gone to the trouble to uninstall it properly, soooooo!!!! by some unknown reason it was trying to complete the setup on boot up, as indicated by the tail of the string.
    I followed the correct path on the link after finding HP on my computer and deleted and uninstalled all traces of HP.
    Now, My computer functions without a hitch.
    So it seems that it was not a glitch with Visual C ++ at all.It was just a sloppy operator who caused his own issues. I hope that this is of some help to others who may have some of the same problems associated with Visual C ++
    Au Revoir from Canada
    Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:08 AM

All replies

• Yes: it almost every case these failures are not the caused by the C runtime itself but are instead caused by the program that calls into the C runtime (badly sized buffers, etc.)

I'm glad you managed to get to the root cause of your problem.

Another Big Irish Man

Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:55 AM