none
What happened to my tasks?

Question

• Yesterday I decided to get rid of my paper list of ToDo's and use Tasks in VS2012.  I entered my tasks, and threw my paper copy away.  These are tasks, not comment based todo's.

Today none of my tasks are listed there.  What happened to them?  Where are they stored?

Kipp Woodard

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Kipp,

Glad to receive your reply.

How could I possibly have not saved them?  As far as I know, there is no save involved.  You create them and they are there.  They don't go away unless you delete them.

Yes, I think your opinion is correct, and we don’t need to save them after we add it.

Since it works well now, I’m afraid that it is hard to find the real reason, and maybe it has been removed by other member of your team. I try to repro this issue in my Environment, it still works well.

To get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update.http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx, if you submit it, you could share the link here, so people who met the same issue could help you vote it.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Kipp,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Sorry for that I’m not very sure about this issue, do you mean that you are using the Test List Window like this document in VS2012? Would you mind sharing us a screen shot about this issue?

These are tasks, not comment based todo's.

Do you mean that you don’t add //TODO:XX in you program file? If so, how do you add the task? Would you mind sharing us the detailed steps to repro this issue?

I often add the task //TODO: in my project file, and then open the Task List under View->Task List, and then I could get it like the following screen shot.

To make this issue clearly, please share us the detailed information about it, so we could provide the better support :)

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Yes, I created several User Tasks in the TaskList window as seen in this screen shot.  I have to click a button for each task I add.  My original list just disappeared over night.  I re-added what I have remembered, and they have not disappeared so far.

Kipp Woodard

Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:37 PM
  • Hi Kipp,

Do you mean that it works well now? If so, I doubt that you didn’t save all of them.

As far as I know, they are stored in your .suo file.

Reference:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da/vssetup/thread/b341ea29-b20c-4108-b358-f9bdf24c77f3

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Friday, February 22, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

How could I possibly have not saved them?  As far as I know, there is no save involved.  You create them and they are there.  They don't go away unless you delete them.

So far the ones I have created since have not disappeared.

Kipp Woodard

Friday, February 22, 2013 2:23 PM
  • I think they have an issue they should pursue.  This has happened to other people.  If it is dependent on a Save to keep the tasks you have invested time and effort in, then you should be prompted when you are about to lose them.

Kipp Woodard

Friday, February 22, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Hi Kipp,

Yes, I think your opinion is correct, and we don’t need to save them after we add it.

Since it works well now, I’m afraid that it is hard to find the real reason, and maybe it has been removed by other member of your team. I try to repro this issue in my Environment, it still works well.

To get the issue confirmed and diagnose by product team, would you please create connect report for it? You will get email notification for update.http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx, if you submit it, you could share the link here, so people who met the same issue could help you vote it.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Monday, February 25, 2013 2:28 AM