none
Paste excel's chart into powerpoint presentaion as embedded object (not linked!)

Question

• I need to paste a chart copied (via clipboard or just from xlsx file) from excel to PowerPoint presentaion.

Surely it can be done with Shapes.Paste() or Shapes.PasteSpecial(), but in this case chart will be inserted as linked object, and it will depend on original excel file. It is not what I want.

Can anyone help to find a way to paste chart as embedded object, which won't depend on source excel file?

• Changed type Tim Li Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hello Pavel,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

Before we go to far on this, I have to clear that are we working on a VSTO solution or a VBA macro? If this is a VBA macro, the best place to this question is VBA forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/threads

Back to your question we could use datatype="ppPasteOLEObject" as patameter to the pastspecial method to make the chart as a embedded object, the code shows as below:

Shapes.PasteSpecial ppPasteOLEObject,msoFalse

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Tim Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contactmsdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hello Pavel,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

Before we go to far on this, I have to clear that are we working on a VSTO solution or a VBA macro? If this is a VBA macro, the best place to this question is VBA forum:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/threads

Back to your question we could use datatype="ppPasteOLEObject" as patameter to the pastspecial method to make the chart as a embedded object, the code shows as below:

Shapes.PasteSpecial ppPasteOLEObject,msoFalse

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Tim Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please contactmsdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:20 AM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Could you please let me know if the suggestion works for you or not? If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Tim Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:06 AM