none
Missing msvcr.dll -- FOUND!

General discussion

• Greetings!

I got tired of seeing the "missing msvcr.dll" for 10 files when I scanned Norton's WinDoctor & One Button Checkup.  www.dll-files.com  doesn't have, as recommended by other posts --  --

So, I decided to run SEARCH to see if it was on my computer -- somewhere else.  And, IT WAS!  I found in  c:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\..... folder

So, I copied & dropped into the c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

NOW, NO MORE ERRORS OF MISSING FILES !!

My question is -- WHY CAN'T MICROSOFT POST THIS MISSING .DLL FILE SO PEOPLE CAN INSTALL IT????

People are posting all over these boards about this missing file !!  They are having to go all over the internet to get a file that has to run a Microsoft file/program.  duh !!!

Mission accomplished!

Kat 

Friday, November 03, 2006 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Kat,

This is NOT the only dll that is missing or misplaced....learn32.dll and pctree32.dll are other examples that SEEM missing, but that are misplaced within XP.... Indeed, copy and paste and one won't get these errors anymore....

Greetings

eric

Monday, November 06, 2006 5:25 PM
  • thats a fascinating story thanks for sharing it in the XML forum

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 6:04 PM
  • Where should you paste the learn32.dll and pctree.dll?

Thanks in advance,

Alejo

Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:58 PM
  • Hey Kat,
    I was having the same problem when I ran Norton One button Checkup. It kept telling me I was missing msvcr80.dll. I went in search of an answer and as fate would have it, I somehow hooked up with your "missing msvcr.dll-- FOUND. I did exactly what you suggested and when I ran the checkup again I had no program integrity errors. It always said I had 10 errors and I really found it disturbing. Thank you so much for the information. How the hell did you find that anyway? Good job and thank you again! Mike NJ
    Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:49 PM
  • HI, how do you drop the missing dll file in? I ran Norton too and it tells me I have 11 errors. I am a novice, but it bothers me. How do I find the missing ones and correct it? I would appreciate any help if you could email to me at psalm27iam@verizon.net

Thanks so much,      I am missing 11 files     Sydney

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:42 PM
  • hi,

not sure exactly what to do, it tells me msvcr.dll file missing and to reinstall it but not sure what to do.

could you  tell me exactly what to do?

cheers shaz x 

Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

As you don't seem to have received an answer yet, try the following;

Double click on "my computer" and then click on the "search" icon. Enter the file name "learn32.dll" and search in all drives. Once it has found the file you will need to copy and paste it into C:\Windows\$NtUinstallKB898458$ or the file location that WinDoctor tell you it is missing from, if that's different.

Exactly the same thing applies to "pctree32.dll", which you should find in the same location as "learn32.dll" and it also need's to be copied into C:\Windows\$NtUinstallKB898458$ or again the file location that WinDoctor tell you it is missing from, if that's different.

"msvcr80.dll" and "msvcp80.dll" can both be downloaded from DLL-files.com free of charge, if you can't find them on your PC. They both need to be copied and pasted into "C:\Windows|system32"

Hope this helps, Mike

Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:03 PM
  •  

DUH!!! is Right On!!

I, too, was getting "x program cannot access 'msvcr80.dll' and 'msvcp80.dll'" when I ran Norton's Win Doctor.   I searched for hours and finally went to bed, my mind whirling with "Vicual C and Visual C++" and other equally incomprehensible solutions. Then, this morning, I found you by way of another posting. I located the ms files through search. I then moved them to my desktop. I ran Norton again and found the folders where they were missing and copied them to the folders that needed them. I ran WinDoctor again and ALL was well.

I'm keeping a copy of each in a folder on my desktop in case they go missing from some other program. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Friday, April 06, 2007 2:02 PM
  • http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/0/74fe2fa1b068a2438825711500100c4f?OpenDocument&seg=hm&lg=en&ct=us

The following is from Norton's Site.  Please run these steps to fix the issue and contact Norton if you continue to experience issues.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:45 PM
  • THANK  YOU!!!  I've been receiving the error forever when running systemworks. I went onto the Microsoft site and  searched for info. This forum was one of the first five returns.  I would have thought that a Microsoft Support direct url would have been the first return.   It's fixed now.
    Saturday, April 14, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Thanks Mike - your fix was the one I needed!
    Monday, April 23, 2007 1:46 AM
  •  Hi Mike,

Thanks for your,and others help. I was missing msvcp.dll from WINDOW/System32 as advised by Norton Win Doctor. Searched my computer and was not able to find it, so it was truly missing, not missplaced. Luckily for this site, I found how to download this missing file from DLL-files.com and install it in my computer. These forums are wonderful for solving problems.

Frank E.

Saturday, June 23, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Thank you so very much.  You saved me from an anxiety attack.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 7:14 PM
  • Kat.
    Hello my name is Bob, and I am new to computers, I have trouble getting into my Internet Explorer 7.0 so,  have to enter thru Modzilla /Firefox, instead of my Net Zero.

I also get the same message as you did that C:\Windows\System32\icardagtexe-msvcr80.dll is also missing and I need it, but like you I cannot find it.

Is there any suggestions you can give me,

I would appreciate anything.

Thank you,
    Robert
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:39 AM
  • This is a SIMPLE fix...IF you know how to DO it!
    This is a step-by-step instruction (for dummies like me).

1. Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index-m.shtml
    2. Scroll down to "msvcp80.dll" and click on it.
    3. Scroll down to the "Click here to go to the download of msvcp80.dll" link.
    4. Click it (the download should appear on your your desktop as a folder labeled "msvcp80"
    5. Double click on the folder.
    6. Right click on the msvcp80.dll and select "copy"
    7 Double click on "My Computer"
    8. Double click on Locak Disk (CSmile
    9. Double click on the "WINDOWS" folder.
    10. Find the "system32" folder. (easier if you view WINDOWS folder as "list" instead of "icons")
    11. Right click on it and select "paste".

Thats IT! (You can find any missing .dll file at the site in step 1)

Hope this helps

Sunday, July 22, 2007 2:44 PM
  • Thanks, both, to Kat and M_J_H. Between your two posts I was finally able to fix the problem that's been bugging me for more than two years. Kudos to you both!  
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:40 AM
  • I ran norton windoctor also had these missing files.Indeed,they were in c:\windows\winsxs\... thanks for that:-) I just coppied these files to system32 folder and the "missing" problem was gone. 

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:36 PM
  • You guys absolutely ROCK,

Now, with this problem haunting me for about 2 months, I find this thread via google desperation and bingo, problem fixed.

Windows get the bllions and the layman (uh, women ;=) ! get er' done !!

Many thanks and wish Microsoft did not have to have the public using common sense to fix problems.

Thanks for that .dll website too !! Thank goodness another site feels the pain and gives it away.

Thanks for the awesome common sense and the addition .dll website.

Hope ya'll send Gates a bill for the customer serrvice and IT/XP Resolution !!

Take care all...................

Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:44 AM
  • You could also download this file from here:

http://www.afreedll.com/dll/info/msvcp80_dll.html

Another good resource is:

http://www.dll-downloads.com

http://www.dll-downloads.ca

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:11 PM
  • Thank you for ino. I copied all missing dll files and pasted. Hopefully this will fix problem

Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:03 PM
  •  Freeway wrote:
    This is a SIMPLE fix...IF you know how to DO it!
    This is a step-by-step instruction (for dummies like me).

1. Go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index-m.shtml
    2. Scroll down to "msvcp80.dll" and click on it.
    3. Scroll down to the "Click here to go to the download of msvcp80.dll" link.
    4. Click it (the download should appear on your your desktop as a folder labeled "msvcp80"
    5. Double click on the folder.
    6. Right click on the msvcp80.dll and select "copy"
    7 Double click on "My Computer"
    8. Double click on Locak Disk (C
    9. Double click on the "WINDOWS" folder.
    10. Find the "system32" folder. (easier if you view WINDOWS folder as "list" instead of "icons")
    11. Right click on it and select "paste".

Thats IT! (You can find any missing .dll file at the site in step 1)

Hope this helps

Thank you for taking the time to list the steps to repair missing files.

Worked for me!

Friday, November 09, 2007 9:32 PM