none
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

Question

• I changed from Vista to Windows 7.  Every time I start my computer it says I need to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0  When I do that, the installation says it's already in my computer. I have looked and what's installed is Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.  What should I do?  Also, my bluetooth has stopped working. Is this why?
    Monday, August 23, 2010 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Raglady13,

Thank you for your post.

Windows 7 is including .net framework 2.0 sp2, .net framework 3.0 sp2 and .net framework 3.5 sp1.

Based on your description, I would recommend that you should check firstly whether .net framework versions are installed on your machine correctly or not.

1, you could type %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 on your command line to check which versions of .net framework have been installed on your machine.

2, then, could you please check whether .net framework versions are installed correctly on your machine or not.

You could download .net framework verification tool from Microsoft.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

This verification tool could help you verify the installation state of one or more versions of .net framework on your machine.

I would recommend that you could install .net framework 4 on your machine.

You could get it from the following link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

If you have any issues during installation, please feel free to attach some clarifier information or screenshot via Skydrive in your reply.

Look forward for your reply!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Raglady13,

Thank you for your post.

Windows 7 is including .net framework 2.0 sp2, .net framework 3.0 sp2 and .net framework 3.5 sp1.

Based on your description, I would recommend that you should check firstly whether .net framework versions are installed on your machine correctly or not.

1, you could type %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 on your command line to check which versions of .net framework have been installed on your machine.

2, then, could you please check whether .net framework versions are installed correctly on your machine or not.

You could download .net framework verification tool from Microsoft.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

This verification tool could help you verify the installation state of one or more versions of .net framework on your machine.

I would recommend that you could install .net framework 4 on your machine.

You could get it from the following link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

If you have any issues during installation, please feel free to attach some clarifier information or screenshot via Skydrive in your reply.

Look forward for your reply!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:26 AM
  • Hi Raglady13,

I'm writing to follow-up this post.

Do the above suggestions help you solve your concerns?

If you have any findings or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Monday, August 30, 2010 1:48 AM
  • Hi Larcolais:  Firstly, thank you so much for your reply.  Please forgive me for not answering sooner. 

I followed all your instructions and when I check the Programs it now says I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, but on restart it still gives me the same message that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 needs to be installed.  This same message appears when I try to start Lexmark Productivity Suite which is my wireless printer. 

I also get the following message from the Interactive Services Detection on the computer which states the following:  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error! - Programs C:\Windows\System32|spoolsv.exe.  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual manner.  Please contact the application's support team for more info.  In the past, I had also gotten a message that Bluetooth is not working which I'm sure is another reason I cannot get the printer to work from this computer.

All these problems started almost 2 months ago, but I had not made any attempt to fix them since I have another computer that I can use, but I need to fix this one.  I must confess to you that I am not very computer literate, but I do fairly well. 

The computer is an HP TouchSmart. 

I want to express my sincerest thank you for helping me and I look forward to hearing from you.  Jeanette Pitts

Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hi Raglady13,

Glad to see your feedback and your clarifier reply!

As your feedback, would you like to fix how to make printer to work?

Here is .NET Framework forum. I would do my best to provide you some suggestions.

You could uninstall and reinstall printer's drive.

Please check whether this drive is the latest or not.

Frankly speaking, I would recommend that you could consult your concern to printer vendors.

I think these experts could help you solve your concern better and more exactly.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:28 AM
  • Hello again, the problem is the .NET Framework message that shows up when the computer is started and because of the .NET Framework problem , the printer is affected. What does .NET Framework 2.0 do?  I have already checked the installation of the printer and all the drives are up to date.  Should I remove the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and the  NET. Framework 4 Extended and reinstall one or both?  Thank you.
    Thursday, September 02, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Hi Raglady13,

Appreciate for your feedback.

Some clarification with you

- Did Verification Tool verify .NET Framework version successfully or not?

- Please check that .NET Framework 3.5.1 feature is checked or not. You could refer the following steps.

Step 1: Open ‘Control Panel

Step 2: Open ‘Uninstall or change a program

Step 3: Open ‘Turn windows features on or off

Step 4: Please uncheck Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 and Click OK. Then, check it and click OK.

Based on your reply, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error!

This error indicates that you should install the latest Visual C++ Runtime Library.

See: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/default.aspx for more useful information.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Friday, September 03, 2010 3:49 AM