none
The name ‘ConfigurationManager’ does not exist in the current context

Question

• I am trying to access connectionstrings from the config file. The code is ASP.NET + C#. I have added System.Configuration to reference and also mentioned with using. But, still it wouldn't accept the assembly.

I am using VSTS 2008. Any idea what could be the reason? Another weird thing is the assembly name shown as "System.configuration", a lower case c which is not how names are displayed for other System assembleis
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:33 PM

Answers

• No, the lower-case "c" is accurate.  That's how the MSFT programmers in the System.Configuration group checked it in.  It matches the kind of care and attention they paid to the classes in that namespace.

Post your question to forum.asp.net to find out how ASP.NET is different dealing with config.  It's different.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:24 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:11 AM

All replies

• No, the lower-case "c" is accurate.  That's how the MSFT programmers in the System.Configuration group checked it in.  It matches the kind of care and attention they paid to the classes in that namespace.

Post your question to forum.asp.net to find out how ASP.NET is different dealing with config.  It's different.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:24 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:11 AM
  • Thanks Hans! I have posted in forums.asp.net.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:40 AM