none
viewing Windows Form Designer generated code in Visual Basic project

Question

• When I create a new Visual Basic project in .NET 2005; and add some objects to the main form, I know I should be able to see a region in my code that is titled Windows Form Designer generated code. But - it is nowhere to be found! How do I 'turn' this feature on?

Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    Do you mean that you want to find the auto-generated code by Windows Form Designer?

If yes, please turn on the feature of "Show All Files" and you can find the code inside the files like *.Designer.vb.
    Please check the following screen shot:

Hope this helps! If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Sylvia Veal Monday, February 01, 2010 12:47 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    Do you mean that you want to find the auto-generated code by Windows Form Designer?

If yes, please turn on the feature of "Show All Files" and you can find the code inside the files like *.Designer.vb.
    Please check the following screen shot:

Hope this helps! If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Sylvia Veal Monday, February 01, 2010 12:47 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 8:29 AM
  • That's exactly what I needed. I could not figure out where the option was to show all files. I looked in the drop down menus, but not those icons in the Solution Explorer. Thanks so much!
    Monday, February 01, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Hi Sylvia,

It's my pleasure!

Have a great week.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:08 AM
  • Hi

I have the same problem with not finding the code, but I also have a problem with the "show all files" button. There isn't one. That option does not exist in the solution explorer bar. Any ideas?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:13 PM